Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Post by LtFEED »

We just released our Single Player BETA with three maps, EMZE MINE, BIODOME 24 and HADLEY"S HOPE. (Venus, Mars, and the Moon). Were going to get our MP version ready and two more maps (at least) for the Steam Early Access release. For anyone that has purchased the game through SendOwl in the past or backed our KickStarter, message me and I will get you a free sendOwl link. Once the game is released on Steam, I will send out free steam keys to everyone that purchased the game via SendOwl.

I think that we are VERY close to having a BZ-clone in the UE3 engine. THere are just a few elements that i need to add during the BETA. Were going to model our own character (currently were using a stock UDK mesh), add the sniper rifle, and the 3D minimap. ALso the driving physics will probably never be fully complete however check out the Bayonet and the Rhino, I think we got those two vehicles pretty close to acceptable hover physics. The Longbow, Kodiak, MortarBike, HammerHead, and the Lynx are still a WIP getting their driving characteristcs tweeked just right. Im also going to finish the cockpit views / canopy / hatchs for all the vehs during the BETA. There are still some minor bugs i need to fix and surfaces that need finished, but for the most part the code is done for the SP. www.bionitegame.com
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I've flicked through your site and, aside from the comments raised in my previous post, I noticed that the Development history says Battlezone was published by Pandemic. Pandemic didn't publish anything, let alone the original Battlezone game; BZ2 was the first project the company released. (Also, fussy though this is, there is no such thing as "Battlezone 98".)

Comments about the story still stand; I can't do my job without something to work with.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

The project started out with a lot of people and great ideas. We all agreed that the focus of our efforts should be a spiritual successor to BattleZone 98. For anyone that isn’t familiar with that game, it was published by Pandemic in 1998. The Pandemic version of Battlezone was based on the 1980’s arcade game, Battlezone that was the first 3D video game every made. I am old enough to have been able to play the 1980’s version, but didn’t really get hooked on the game until the 1998 release for the PC

Fix:
Pandemic -> Activision
BattleZone 98 -> Battlezone
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

If there are multiple things with the same title, appending the 4-digit year in parentheses is the normal approach. For example, a IMDB search for Robin Hood finds:
Robin Hood (2010)
Robin Hood (2006) (TV Series)
Robin Hood (1973)
Robin Hood (1991)
Robin Hood (1984) (TV Series)
Robin Hood (1922)
Robin Hood (1935)
Robin Hood (2013)
That is the best method of disambiguation.

-- GSH
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The brackets are important. There are so many people out there who believe the game's full title is "Battlezone 98" because the brackets and full year aren't used.
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

Yeah, I see that all the time, it's the same way with the game Interstate (1976).
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

The Interstate series, I might disagree with, because I believe it is officially marketed as Interstate '76 and Interstate '82. Matter of fact, I even have a disc still of Interstate '82 laying around. Lost my Interstate '76 disc somewhere and I'm quite sad about that. (bought them off GOG at least, both very finicky games though to get running on W7)
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

TwinShadow wrote:The Interstate series, I might disagree with, because I believe it is officially marketed as Interstate '76 and Interstate '82. Matter of fact, I even have a disc still of Interstate '82 laying around. Lost my Interstate '76 disc somewhere and I'm quite sad about that. (bought them off GOG at least, both very finicky games though to get running on W7)
That was the point :P
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

And it certainly wasn't published in 1976.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

I will make those changes on the website, thanks for pointing those out.

For anyone that actually wants to play BZ3, here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7uVH ... WJlcUdNMjA

Untile we launch on Steam (in about a month) were going to provide people in the BZ community and our Facebook page a free copy of the game. This is the Full Single Player version against the computer. My goal is to create a command system that is as close as i can get it to BZ, and I think i am pretty close. I am working on the Factory / Armory Interiors (for weapons outfitting and vehicle fabrication), the custom character model, the sniper rifle, and the jet pack for the Steam release. Ill have some screens up soon of the next map Hotshot is working on, the volcanic side of Venus.

If anyone has any questions about how to play the game, or would like to make a suggestions for better game-play balancing please post them. You guys shouldnt have any problem learning the command system, but for the key maps, the manual, some run through vids I did, go to the website: www.bionitegame.com and click on "How To Play". It might not be in the key map, but use the O key to toggle the first person dash boards on and off (we had many complaints about the lack of visibility). ~LtF
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

LtFEED wrote:For anyone that actually wants to play BZ3, here is the link:
This marketing ploy is cheap and dumb. I understand you're trying to make the game look better, but you haven't made a BZ3, despite anyone's best wishes. Sorry.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

blue banana wrote:
LtFEED wrote:For anyone that actually wants to play BZ3, here is the link:
This marketing ploy is cheap and dumb. I understand you're trying to make the game look better, but you haven't made a BZ3, despite anyone's best wishes. Sorry.
Now that the IP is active again, that way lies a lawsuit. Rebellion has been known to be somewhat reactive about protecting their reputation from the influence of other games, positive or otherwise.
AHadley wrote:Comments about the story still stand; I can't do my job without something to work with.
Just so you know, I'm now working nine-to-five as lead writer on another project; this makes me even less available to you than before.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

We just released BETA Revision 3. This will be the coding revision that we release on Steam with (pending some minor fixes). We are still working on the surfaces and adding a few more features (sinper rifle and the jet pack). I am working on the Multiplayer version for the Steam relase, scripted missions and new maps. Were looking into a way for the steam version to be moddable. Modding Bionite should be easy and relatively straight forward. ~LtF
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

If your beta isn't mostly feature-complete then you're still building an alpha. Beta is *far* too late to be adding an entirely new paradigm of gameplay.