Post by General BlackDragon »

I want to have at making some weapon renders :D
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Echo 343
Rattler

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Post by Echo 343 »

AHadley wrote:Nostromo makes the models, Jayden makes the textures.
Wasn't Nostromo the one who made all those interior dropship mock-ups/renders a long while back? Or was it the Carrier? I always wondered what happened with that, they were rather good.
:.Lingering Echo.:
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

And the bomber model
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'm on the team and even I don't know.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'm talking to the lead developer now, they're well towards beta. Whether that's multiplayer-only or a campaign too I don't know yet.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

A little late to be saying this, but I really hope they changed the HUD since then, and I'm not just talking about the misalignment. I can't tell what it's showing at a single or even sustained look at it. The BZ2 UI is extremely clean, efficient and unobtrusive, but the one in the latest screenshots in this thread (Albeit from Jan) looks very crowded.

Compare

And this is where someone tells me they've had a total UI overhaul since then and my points are nulled by it
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

Redo of the Dash:

1st:

3rd:

I opened up the canopy to give it more 'room', but i think it still needs the dash lowered a little. -LtF
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

We posted the final Alpha:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4knU4_ ... sp=sharing

Be sure to read the Manual in the Menus for the directions. This is the Single Player Siege mission version. Just a few release notes:
If the screen comes up widowed, hit the F11 key.
THe HUD isnt setup for the different screen resolutions yet, you can change the resolution, then hit the T key to remove the dash. Im not quite done with the Reset Functions, so if you die in the game you might see some 'dead' bots, im getting to that. We really need feedback on this Alpha, so please leave comments. Let me know if you finish the game before the time runs out, it should be almost impossible to finish in 20 min. thanks - LtF
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

I get to the main menu. I can't find the button to begin the mission. I can however, make the words "Single Player Mission", "Mission Pack One" and "Siege" disappear by triple clicking on them with the mouse. :)

Also, the word Manual is spelled "Nanual" and the sub menu's all say "Nain" for the back to main button?
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

im not sure if they are spelled wrong, i think its the font, but i will check.

go to the 'Options' menu to launch the map :)
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

In order to keep the game going, we had to make a version for the Ipad. The game is currently in final review and should be on the app store in the next week or so. EPIC provides almost no documentation for developing games for the iOS (for games that are submitted for distribution, not just testing). Unfortunatly, raising money for games is next to impossible, so the iOS version will be used to fund finishng the game for the PC. Were also considering switching to the Unity engine, because EPIC provides almost no documentation for developing FINISHED games and the editor has more bugs than the rain forest. I can find all the beginner/moderate tuts I need, but once I passed into the realm of advanced Uscript, the availablilty of usable info pretty much dissappeared. Lukily I am pretty good at uscript now and I can decipher the super complicated code that the EPIC devs did. The game is not dead at all, Im just pretty much the only one working on it now, so the development has slowed to a crawl. Once the iOS version is done and generating revenue, I can hire more people to help and finally get the full RTS/FPS game done.
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt

Post by DuoRanger »

blame cliffaget bullshieetski

have you guys tried the Cry engine3 SDK?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

LtFEED wrote:In order to keep the game going, we had to make a version for the Ipad. The game is currently in final review and should be on the app store in the next week or so. EPIC provides almost no documentation for developing games for the iOS (for games that are submitted for distribution, not just testing). Unfortunatly, raising money for games is next to impossible, so the iOS version will be used to fund finishng the game for the PC. Were also considering switching to the Unity engine, because EPIC provides almost no documentation for developing FINISHED games and the editor has more bugs than the rain forest. I can find all the beginner/moderate tuts I need, but once I passed into the realm of advanced Uscript, the availablilty of usable info pretty much dissappeared. Lukily I am pretty good at uscript now and I can decipher the super complicated code that the EPIC devs did. The game is not dead at all, Im just pretty much the only one working on it now, so the development has slowed to a crawl. Once the iOS version is done and generating revenue, I can hire more people to help and finally get the full RTS/FPS game done.
Wait what? Wasn't like 99% of the work done for profit cuts and not direct fee? You should have enough left to not be the only one working on it!

And I wouldn't count on iOS getting you more than a break even on that iOS portion. Games just don't sell there unless they are really popular (Angry Birds). It is a wasteland (though Android is a wasteland too, it is of a different sort).

The thing about programming is that beyond the early easy stuff, there is no exact way to do it and no one way is 100% portable to all uses. Hence, no 'do X make game'. You are probably running into a lot of issues because you are not planning things out. The tutorials you read teach you how to use the engine, but not how to make a complex logical system. You will probably want to dive into some Software Design stuff and then refactor your code base, move into a proper OOP object hierarchy. In the long run, it will help a lot. Else you are stuck putting along making hello world print different text but never getting much farther.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

Engine switching this late in development will be a death blow. Don't do it, regardless of how tempting it sounds.