Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Re: Battlezone 3 needs Support!

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

LtFEED wrote:the next beta will be out in about 45 days. Were in the process of fitting the HUD. We recently redid it:

grate now I will consider it.
I have a list of games that I am whaching this is now 4th
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

General BlackDragon wrote:sounds irrational.
Bioshock?
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

That HUD looks SWEET.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Col Klink wrote:I think it's better to get away from the Battlezone genre altogether and focus on making the game unique. Battlezone itself is unique and trying to emulate it probably won't attract more then a few BZ fans. I like that it uses a modern gaming engine and I would add more pilot type warriors; BZ has always lacked in this area. As I recall the Dune mod was one of the few mods to deal with this issue. I hope the project goes somewhere, but like I said make it more unique.
Non issue if you ask me. Surrounded by huge killer tanks with huge killer mortars and huge squishing scavengers, pilot based troops were always a problem. How many APC attacks did all your peeps come back alive? Any of the peeps? BZ1 lampshades it by using pilots SPECIFICALLY as fodder to draw the furies (spoiler) away from vehicles so the vehicles would have a shot at them. Some of my favorite scenes were the AI pilots slowly advancing backwards from a fury, taking potshots at it. Ken will have to say if that was intentional. IRRELEVANT! Space soldiers just don't work in bz universe because being on foot in space surrounded by death machines just doesn't work.

In TRO Chinese mission, you are condemned to the lowest form of work after failing something: scavenger duty. Not even suicide APC soldier. So you can't have the soldiers be throwaway criminals who were doomed to die anyway, since they go to the scav corps. Any other able bodied person is taught to fly a tank (farmers, cowboys, etc all them from Earth) or else they aren't really worth the time.

G66 is the icing on the cake though non canonical. The AI sends waves and waves of absurdly unbalanced doom soldiers at you, which pretty much always run into a buzz saw at your base.

The cherry on top is that BZ spawns forth from the biometal wars, and soldier vs soldier results in no biometal from either side and limited advancement when you can just send bombers over to reduce the enemy side to slag and vacuum it up.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

aside: i gave the G66 infantry hoverpacks before, but that turned them into pretty much invulnerable crazies.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Zax wrote:Some of my favorite scenes were the AI pilots slowly advancing backwards from a fury, taking potshots at it. Ken will have to say if that was intentional. IRRELEVANT! Space soldiers just don't work in bz universe because being on foot in space surrounded by death machines just doesn't work.
I would have thought the parallel to any kind of sensible reality and the BZ/BZ2 universe was settled.

BZ2, and to a slight lesser degree, BZ1 are so fundamentally in the Saturday morning cartoon realm, making sense of it as compared to any sort of reality is useless.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

but...but...they're our reality... :shock:
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

Non issue if you ask me. Surrounded by huge killer tanks with huge killer mortars and huge squishing scavengers, pilot based troops were always a problem. How many APC attacks did all your peeps come back alive? Any of the peeps? BZ1 lampshades it by using pilots SPECIFICALLY as fodder to draw the furies (spoiler) away from vehicles so the vehicles would have a shot at them. Some of my favorite scenes were the AI pilots slowly advancing backwards from a fury, taking potshots at it. Ken will have to say if that was intentional. IRRELEVANT! Space soldiers just don't work in bz universe because being on foot in space surrounded by death machines just doesn't work.
Soldiers, in BZ were always a weak link in the game their weapons were also pathetic too, but this is a new game Spot with a better game engine. Stop thinking Battlezone and it isn't even an issue at all.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

When the battlefield is full of tanks, you really don't want to be caught outside one. No matter how good your weapon is.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Pilot is the only unit that comes complete with a "get me a new ship quick" gun. :) they are extremely dangerous in competent hands. Stand on a service bay and they are deadlier than a GT.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

MrTwosheds wrote:Pilot is the only unit that comes complete with a "get me a new ship quick" gun. :) they are extremely dangerous in competent hands. Stand on a service bay and they are deadlier than a GT.
Mauler disagrees.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

AHadley wrote:When the battlefield is full of tanks, you really don't want to be caught outside one. No matter how good your weapon is.
I like how tanks in these games shoot low velocity wads of paper. It reminds me of when I ported in the 130mm cannon for my mod back in 2011. Everything just sort of died on screen when it hit something.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

we got our funding!

bz3 will be a reality!

thanks to all our backers :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/807 ... te-origins
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Eekk~

Time to make some sounds with my new home studio.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »