Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Post by MrTwosheds »

I saw it as more of a thing that would apply to all races. It would add a strategic factor to the decision to upgrade and when to upgrade. Scrap would still be unlimited but you would need to think about when you really want your maximum output. Burn it all up quick at the start, spread it out pool by pool throughout the game or save it for the big push at the end.
It would possibly add some sort of balance to the flow of the game, In Bz2 a player who succeeds in upgrading a few pools quickly becomes an unstoppable force. In the real world people who rush to use up their resources end up going broke.
It would probably be a property of each pool rather than the extractor, then a pool could slowly recover from being over extracted by an upgrade.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:I saw it as more of a thing that would apply to all races. It would add a strategic factor to the decision to upgrade and when to upgrade. Scrap would still be unlimited but you would need to think about when you really want your maximum output. Burn it all up quick at the start, spread it out pool by pool throughout the game or save it for the big push at the end.
I did get your point, but I do not agree on it working for all races. Imo it just makes upgrades redundant in a strat game.
Pools are easy targets and you will not invest 60 scrap on a pool just to basically be guaranteed to see it destroyed. Since you also dont want to temper with your 1-2 basepools you'll just refrain from upgrading those .. and since the enemy does the same it in effect just removes an entire game element. I think .. 8-)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

At the moment resources in B:O are limited - no scrap pools.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:At the moment resources in B:O are limited - no scrap pools.
In a SP-campaign I think in general that is the best approach. Kinda like the mission in BZ2 where you need to deploy a scav and protect it. Cause there is no limit and you can 'steer' the mission you can have 5-6 turrets around the pool before things get hectic, which means I dont even have to go there as the turrets have plenty of umpf to do things by themselves. I doubt that was the intention of the mission.
Difficulty can than also be used to alter the resources available/given.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Well, there isn't a campaign currently either. I'm writing one, but its development won't start until after Strategy reaches a reasonable level of completion.
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

AH, you are probably the last saving grace for Bionite Origins in my eyes. Honestly, I have faith that you can write a compelling story for BO, one that is able to stand above what modern RTSs have to offer. I may yet change my mind and decide to purchase the game when it is released in full. And if the rest of the game is enjoyable enough, I'll certainly rescind every insult I've tossed it's way. Possibly even promote the game to those I think might like it. No promises, mind you.

You won't catch me dead backing the kickstarter, indiegogo, patreon, or whatever else, though. I've never been one to gamble and I'm not about to start.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Technically Bionite: Origins was supposed to has 2-5 Map Expansion Packs (separate downloads) and a 100% Completed Deathmatch/Seige Multiplayer (with no bugs/concerns) by the 1st of January.

Then again, I can think of a half a dozen other promises that will not reach fruition, or never reached fruition, or are just happy that said promise(s) no longer exist so they don't need to honor them (I know I deleted a handful of promises made by others to cover up negative reactions). There are others designing more complicated games, some even consisting of a single person, completing or officially releasing on a 2-3 year development - earning roughly the same revenue in crowd funding. I believe B:O is at 5-6 years - and peeps don't even play it when it's free.

Don't get me wrong, but when I was pushing the goods, there was a deep hunch it was headed for abandonment. I'm not saying "It will be abandoned", it just felt that way, and I openly expressed that concern with a handful of teammates. heh, I openly had *a lot* of concerns that went ignored.

...saying it does get abandoned, my fear is that Grisnik takes everything and puts it in a recycle bin instead of going open source and getting free help from the community to develop a free game designed for the community. Or it gets completed and everyone eats icecream...

hm.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Look what I found | https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4knU4 ... d4ZW5SY1k/
This link is attributed to poor distribution and security. This link is hosted by John Grisnik. This is corner cutting.

On top - not only did their forums break while trying to Sync with WordPress like I told them it would if they went with PhPbb - it appears they are under assault from spammers.

I figure I'll break some of the site flaws down;
- The F.A.Q. is a direct ripoff from what I wrote - you can tell because the "HERE"'s are still in it and they were originally linked to content. Lazy...
- The vehicle images, while not a direct ripoff from mine, are similar but less informative/graphically inclined -- so instead of creatively seeking their own route they just corner-cut my idea.
- The donators panel serves no purpose. They should have consolidated the actual list of donators/emails into accounts using a Kickstarter script... like I did. In-fact, I still have a 100% backup of the original website that has all of the donators accounts and their desired custom usernames + avatars (as compared to real names). But then again, I also had a distribution system for all of the facebook users they promised copies to. Team member MJ does as well - why they haven't honored or incorporated that list is beyond me. Likely due to the fact that promise doesn't exist anymore...
- The downloads section contains material specifically promised to backers. Not that any perks have been honored... especially the physical ones.
- There's a label in the developers blog that suggests the game has been in development for over 8 years, "Week 440".
- The Wiki was set up incorrectly and is a security vulnerability - which is interesting considering the person supposedly "in charge of security" set it up. Regardless of the security loopholes, the Wiki could have easily been consolidated to the forum, saving hours of work, or done by hand on the Wordpress seeing as how this is a FPS/"RTS" - and NOT MINECRAFT, STARBOUND, OR OPEN SOURCE - games/conditions that are subject to consistent modding and change require a wiki - this game is not on that list.
- Could have made it look insanely more attractive - so if the question comes up "why isn't this selling", well, you cut corners.

On the Greenlight you have this, "Hope you all have a great holiday season, just don't be like me and make it national hang over day ~Panda"... right off the page you hope to distribute your game officially. *slow clap*

On the Kickstarter, they haven't even updated to the latest version listed above.

Not to mention, while I was around, 9 times out of 10 they problem solve by pointing a finger. In a vocal conversation they are open about not giving a care about their communities, specifically rejecting BZ until I came. I bet for the last 4 months I've been a dev favorite, and before my arrival someone else was the favorite - and before him, others were to blame. I have a list whom I interviewed for an article. There's other reasons at first glance, but really all a user needs to do is look into it themselves - unless, of course, they cleaned up their material, for which I took dozens and dozens of screenshots of publicly made comments.

Plus... I emailed John earlier this month offering a Truce for when I relaunched incision's platform in January. I would gladly promote their game, but it's "Gimme Gimme or GTFO". pish posh - I think the games destiny lies in 2015 - when other games attempting the same idea flourish. For instance, I was tracking Universum before I entered Bionites development, and I knew if Bionite didn't pull it together and lose the self-centered attitude - who was completely 100% (minus a teammate or 2 I told) unaware Universum was going to arrive - it was going to fail. Of course, at the time, I figured Universum could have been fake... because c'mon, Universum in 2013 looked like a pipe dream.

Well. Universum has working multiplayer, single player, and entered PreRelease today for the backers. If Universum is widely accepted, I have no doubt other devs are going to slowly hop back into development of games like it - and Battlezone. And I'm positive it wont be in the UDK, because only a corner-cutter would choose an engine like UDK for a game like Battlezone. Even I know that, and I only have about half a year of training and experience with it.

Here's another hunch - the game may not go open source because there's source that isn't supposed to be used. I was never given the opportunity to look at it, but according to an old teammate who cracked it open, it's garbage corner cutting code, too. I saw a handful of screenshots, plus John knew that teammate cracked it and flipped out when he discovered UDK wasn't safe - mind blowing considering you work with the engine every day and this is common dev knowledge. This is all similar to the fact John tried using people, and needs to re-texture his vehicles. Any game devs from Australia you know? A BZ gamer in particular comes to mind.

bah. I figure the thread should fade out to before I showed up for resurrection in the first place. If people forget, I wont even need to pull out the shovel to bury it.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

So everything's playing out the way we told him it would. No surprises there. I enjoy seeing the world burn, so following this has been an endless source of amusement.
Psyringe wrote:Any game devs from Australia you know? A BZ gamer in particular comes to mind.
Wot.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Shadow Knight wrote:So everything's playing out the way we told him it would. No surprises there. I enjoy seeing the world burn, so following this has been an endless source of amusement.
Psyringe wrote:Any game devs from Australia you know? A BZ gamer in particular comes to mind.
Wot.
That would be Jayden "JaydenBZ2" Hopkins of the Academy of Interactive Entertainment.

BZ2 has produced at least two others in the industry - James "TheJamsh" Baxter, of Alacrity Falmouth, and myself.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

AHadley wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:So everything's playing out the way we told him it would. No surprises there. I enjoy seeing the world burn, so following this has been an endless source of amusement.
Wot.
That would be Jayden "JaydenBZ2" Hopkins of the Academy of Interactive Entertainment.

BZ2 has produced at least two others in the industry - James "TheJamsh" Baxter, of Alacrity Falmouth, and myself.
I'm AIE-educated myself but no job yet. Surprising that there's a few of us lurking around here.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Shadow Knight wrote:
AHadley wrote:

{Psyringe}

Wot.

I'm AIE-educated myself but no job yet. Surprising that there's a few of us lurking around here.
I have a platform, but I'm just now arriving to games. I have both BZ1&2 original disks, been playing since before I was a teen.

Concerning Bionite, at this point in time I'm privatizing names and only providing sources when absolutely necessary - although AH has gladly provided the source. There's potential - I'll just keep screaming Open Source. I honestly think that's all that's left. Be gone with the greed and control and there might actually be a slim chance for success - not to mention an epic learning possibility for many.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

AIR CONTROL got green light...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnzN-3N_0xw
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

General BlackDragon wrote:AIR CONTROL got green light...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnzN-3N_0xw