Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Post by Psyringe »

AIR CONTROL only costs $5, too!

http://youtu.be/VYArgbWVtGc
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

were going to be posting a progress video of strat very very soon.

were about 75% of the way to having a playable strat alpha. I just got done with a whole bunch of stuff, but it wont be ready for the public for a couple weeks yet. The testing team needs to do a bug test and im setting up the MP code for online strat. wont be long before it will be ready for a public test, Ill post the link here as soon as its ready. We want to launch on Early Access with Strat, TDM, and Siege with at least 9 maps; Venus, Mars and the Moon.

-LtF
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

LtFEED wrote:were about 75% of the way to having a playable strat alpha.
John Grisnik wrote:Nearly 90% of the code is finished for the multiplayer side and we are finalizing the next alpha.
http://indiegamehq.com/bionite-origins- ... -confirms/

That was published two YEARS ago. Such BS you and your team make up. Don't forget to make maps on the other 10 worlds you said you would.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

blue banana wrote:
LtFEED wrote:were about 75% of the way to having a playable strat alpha.
John Grisnik wrote:Nearly 90% of the code is finished for the multiplayer side and we are finalizing the next alpha.
http://indiegamehq.com/bionite-origins- ... -confirms/

That was published two YEARS ago. Such BS you and your team make up. Don't forget to make maps on the other 10 worlds you said you would.

:o has it already been two years??
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

It's been more, and many more to go.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

General BlackDragon wrote:It's been more, and many more to go.
I kinda hope it wont but the part of him saying
LtF wrote:and im setting up the MP code for online strat
on 'this forum' did kinda make me giggle like a little girl though, and I dont mind doing that some more the next many more years. 8-)
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

did a quick set of run through videos for the production team on the Strat Build:

New Strat Revision Videos:
1 of 2:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4knU4 ... sp=sharing

2 of 2:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4knU4 ... sp=sharing

The vids are in HD if you click on the gear icon on the bottom right corner of the video and select "720" dpi
These are just the rough in-house vids we do for the dev team. The VO isnt synch'ed up and im using a capture program running over the game (hence the HUD widgets blinking). ~LtF

PS: the Marketing Team is workinig on better run-throughs were going to post on Steam.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

DPI (dots per inch) is for printed materials. px (pixels, note the lowercase) is the measurement you mean.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

I didn't realize that Bionite would be using the BZ2 style of resource gathering, I'd been told the game was drawing most of its inspiration from BZ1.
The term "scrap pool" has never made sense, it's a biometal/bionite pool, a bio pool, whatever, but it isn't a pool of scrap metal, those terms don't mix. For it to be a "scrap pool" that would imply that it used to be solid scrap, which has congealed into a liquid pool (and is therefore no longer scrap metal, so it still doesn't work) but that only really raises more questions as to how and when and why. Not to mention how much solid scrap it would take to form a functionally limitless pool anyway. Headache.

That aside, things aren't lookin' too bad. I'm not surprised to see core models such as the recy and scav with unfinished texturing (as a modeller myself I know how the desire to finish certain models comes and goes) and the physics don't look too bad. The AI has some noticeable issues but nothing too distracting. I quite like the inclusion of a speedometer but the UI itself doesn't really do it for me. I personally feel like the scrap count should be with the map and the vehicle info should be on the far right.
Also, is it just me or do zazzgun and lynxmine sound more like player screen-names than weapons?

What I'm still waiting to see is something truly unique for the game. As best as I can tell it remains a blend of BZ1 and 2 with enhanced graphics and nothing else.

That's about all my critique. Despite past misgivings I do hope that this project goes somewhere, it has the potential to. Just seems like for everything being done right there's something I completely dislike.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

Actually we are taking most of our inspiration from BZ1. There are alot of design elements in BZ2 that were better than BZ1, so were trying to blend the best from both into Bionite. The terms were using to describ our assets are for now just working names. Were going to replace the names for the final, we just use the BZ vernacular to be able to describ whats going on. Only a true BZ player would have any clue whats going on. I am a true BZ fan and Im doing my best to replicate the original. I think that the original will always better than Bionite, I am only doing my best to get close to the scope of the original BZ's.

The HUD for strat is still a WIP. I made those menus and stat keys as fast as I could for the building the code. We are in the process of replacing that artwork. The game design for Strat is still in its infancy for Bionite. I greatly appreciate and always consider all of the advice/reccomendations posted on this thread when considering design issues.

I think the concept of the 'BioPool' is a BZ element. I want to expand on the concept of the "BioPool", what it is and how its created. Any ideas??

The zazz gun is named after one of the original dev members that no longer is with the project. He was a key member back when BZGenesis was live. Zazz helped us to get off the ground, and I use the name to honor the work he did. The Lynx Mine is named after the Lynx Tanks. We have the 'WoMine" that functions like a prox mine. The WoMine was named after all the previous girlfriends I have had over the years. If you get too close, they EXPLODE.

We are working on adding some game elements that are unique to Bionite, however just getting to this point in development has been an extremely difficult task. The design team is working on several unique design elements for Bionite like the Fabrication System.

The strat assets are in the UV phase ATM. I slapped a basic surface on those meshs to get an idea of the color scheme to use for them.
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

LtFEED wrote:I think the concept of the 'BioPool' is a BZ element. I want to expand on the concept of the "BioPool", what it is and how its created. Any ideas??
We are given a glimpse as to how the Chthonians created Biometal in BZ1, with the Lemnos facility on Mars where the Olympians created Strain V Biometal (somewhat asynchronously with the Hadeans creating Strain III, AH and I came up with a suitable explanation for this, ask later if interested). This is further reinforced by the Furies, who tap the molten core of the moon Achilles to replicate their unique form of Biometal, presumeably using common ores such as iron, fused with DNA, to create thinking nanomachines.
So from Lemnos and the Furies we know that, simply put, Biometal's production requires a large amount of geothermal energy. With this in mind I would recommend bringing back geysers from BZ1 and giving them the dual purpose of being deployment points for both Producers and Bionite-generating Scavs. Done right, I think this could be a way to shake up how the game is played since players would have to decide whether they want to make use of the nearby geysers for their Producers or their scrap generation.

And hey, even if that doesn't look like the direction you want to go, simply making scavengers into mini-Lemnos factories that generate scrap from geothermal energy, raw minerals, and biomass, seems like it fits Bionite's story fairly well (or at least what I've heard of it so far, you tell me) so the simple change from "scrap-pool" to "geyser" should be fine. Some fiction writers have even tried to combine the two things into one already (such as Avatar, I believe), making the geysers from BZ1 out to be energy from scrap pools deep underground.

I'm unsure what the Fabrication system you mention is going to be but if it's role overlaps with what I just described it may just kill two birds with one stone. No reason to scrap it entirely, though, Supreme Commander is a great game that functioned well with all 3 systems of resource generation (collecting mass from dead units, mining mass from underground, converting pure energy into mass using late-game structures).

As for unique features, I can't say I know what's best for the game that you're making, that'd be for you to decide. I've always liked how BZ2 introduced the ability to customize vehicle hardpoints before they are even built. I'd like to see that system expanded on and made more fluid to use, not necessarily easier but simply less cumbersome if you get my drift.
I preferred the nav camera system in BZ1 but did feel that BZ2 made it easier to place them than BZ1, however they had an overlapping role with the satellite system which BZ2 avoided by simply removing the camera part. I feel like this was a mistake, the two systems should've been combined instead, perhaps with players able to remotely control units from a nav camera like its own fixed mini satellite.

P.S. I knew Zazzgun had to be from a name. Also somewhat reminds me of Stargate's Zatgun, which I like. Good name.

P.P.S. I'd rather not comment on the WoMine ;)

P.P.P.S The Bionite forums are up right? I remember trying to get onto the first forum you guys had juuust before it went dead, was awfully disappointed. If there's a new forum up somewhere it'd probably be better for me to post there, less wait time.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

LtFEED wrote:I think the concept of the 'BioPool' is a BZ element. I want to expand on the concept of the "BioPool", what it is and how its created. Any ideas??
The expanded-universe BZ2 explanation is that certain strains of biometal naturally coalesce, forming seams just underground that form biometal pools where they break through to the surface. Processed strains of biometal are unstable and eventually decay towards this strain, meaning that pools only appear on worlds where biometal has been present for some time.

This explanation later merges with the formation of biometalloids, but since that's not relevant to Bionite I needn't go into it.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I like the idea of biometal forming colonies with each little sub network of biometal passing nutrients and wastes back and forth. Absorbing atmospheric gases and expunging waste gases, as well as seeking out regular metals and minerals to absorb. Doesn't quite explain why there's so much biometal on planets with little to no atmosphere and less on planets with more atmosphere (e.g. mire, tranquility, earth), maybe biometal doesn't like oxygen so very much (due to oxidization).
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

both great backstories!! I like both of those concepts. 8-)
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

Moon Map