Gears of War 3 MP Beta

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Gears of War 3 MP Beta

Post by TheJamsh »

Joking aside, I'm genuinelly so stoked on Gears 3 I keep bursting out into happy fits. Never been so excited about a game ever. The beta starts for me this week on monday, after which point any free time i have for gaming will be on that! My obsession with this franchise is getting a bit out of hand now...

If anybody else is in on the beta, has an early access code or whatever drop me a line and we can party up to 'crush sum newbz'!

Peace out!
Baconboy
Attila

Re: Gears of War 3 MP Beta

Post by Baconboy »

So your avatar the Gears of War guy?
That explains a lot.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

only available on xbox? this way, please :arrow:
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

'Fraid so, would adore a PC version of the second or third instalment of the series but bleh, Microsoft has to hard of a hold on them :(

And yes, that is dom ;)
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

Red Devil wrote:only available on xbox? this way, please :arrow:
... to my 2nd monitor?
... to the "quote" button?
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

TheJamsh wrote:'Fraid so, would adore a PC version of
what you need is the right tool.
try this!http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/XBOX ... 00315.aspxit should make your xbox a littel more like a PC.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Prefer the controller over a keyboard if im honest, keyboard would be pointless for xbox 360, especially for Gears, its too fast-paced.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

TheJamsh wrote:Prefer the controller over a keyboard if im honest, keyboard would be pointless for xbox 360, especially for Gears, its too fast-paced.
I always prefer a keyboard/mouse for faster games, especially shooters, and can only cope with a gamepad in slower ones.

PC version of Gears would be fantastic though... :(
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Gears 1 is on PC ;) I bought that one quite a while ago... its also a lot better and less buggy than the Xbox version, but runs on a not-quite-so-optimized version of UE3, which is quite harsh on my system. Im sure on a decent system it would run just fine (I am quite out-of-date now).

Gears 2 and 3 wont come to PC unfortunately because of piracy. Exclusive to X360. Its a damn shame because I would love to make maps in a version of UE that doesn't crash like UDK. And that lighting engine... naice!

I would, no doubt take a mouse over one of those controller joysticks, but the buttons and triggers are nice...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Not making a PC version shoots any game with modding prospects in the foot. They either have to provide a massive editing suite on the console, or know that without constant support the game will die off in a year.

And what is so fast about Gear of War? Your running to the next anchor point of do nothing but hide and shoot cover or all that time spend staying in 1 place?
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

depends, the MP is very different. Majority of the 'dogfighting' is about reaction time rather than bullet-spraying like COD.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Good lord did I type that with my feet?