BZ3: Genesis

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: BZ3: Genesis

Post by Ded10c »

Me neither, but given the number of posts we've had from both BZ1 players saying they don't like how BZ2 changed the storyline and messed with the Furies *and* BZ2 players claiming the Scions are an evolution of them is a clear indicator of how many it catches out.

Remember this? There was another topic somewhere else where Fulmen vehemently argued that the Scions and Furies were one and the same based on an ISDF mission briefing, perhaps it was on BZU.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

BZ2 is reminiscent of many sequels to a story. The writers wanted something flashy and impressive instead of developing deeper into the current story.

The covert and secretive 'war' breakdown with the Soviets for the limited substance was limited to approximately 10% Earth engagements 70% Moon and 20% Mars. The inclusion of all the "magic" alien technology and the scrap on Europa, Venus (for God sakes), Io, etc., is but an enhancement to draw players to the loose recreation of the history. 8-)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Suffice to say that bz1 wrapped up the story with a tight bow, making springboarding pretty hard.
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

Actually... The last cutscene left room for a potential sequel with an Achilles chunk headed into the general direction of Earth (aka. collision course with Earth -> new biometal shower on Earth -> new faction -> story ideas).
Last edited by Warfreak on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

I kept asking around about that but I never got an answer.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Warfreak wrote:Actually... The last cutscene left room for a potential sequel (or rather, the springboard to TRO, I must admit I never fully played TRO) with an Achilles chunk headed into the general direction of Earth (aka. collision course with Earth -> new biometal shower on Earth -> new faction -> story ideas).
TRO was an interquel. It played out at the same time as BZ1, just in different locations. Also with 10x the technology level and pain.
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

Zax wrote: TRO was an interquel..
Thank you, fixing former post accordingly (Point stands, the basis is there, just no one has fully exploited it from what I've seen).
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

heres a new model by Lukaszk, a barracks or bunker model:

also
the Razor:

Honda
Drunken Scav

Post by Honda »

I would like to tell both BZ1 and BZ2 fanatics alike that what we are trying to achieve is not a remake of the Battlezone universe rather a spiritual successor that celebrates the series and a game that revives the RTS/FPS genre to meet with today's standards.

Now were progressing a bit slow lately as were short on dedicated memebers and for many of us we have our day jobs but were always moving ahead step by step..

Oh and regarding that quick pencil sketch of the barracks... This is actually an abandoned cold war era bunker found on Venus. It once housed Soviet science and military personnell. The idea is a dome shaped top with pillars that drive the weight of the atmosphere towards the pillars which in turn divert it to the earth.. It is a long lasting solid structure meant to be inhabited by personnel on a long run as Venus is deemed to harsh and requires special structures that survive the hellish conditions. Based on the storyline in the future they will stumble into this ruin and discover stuff.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

LtFEED wrote:heres a new model by Lukaszk, a barracks or bunker model:

<snip>

also
the Razor:

<snip>
wow, he ever consider making a bz1 hq pack?
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Nice Razor!

But that's a crap load of polys to go into the game.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Even if BZ3 explodes or something, these models are basically a necessity for rendered movies.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Josiah wrote:
LtFEED wrote:heres a new model by Lukaszk, a barracks or bunker model:

<snip>

also
the Razor:

<snip>
wow, he ever consider making a bz1 hq pack?
They'd rather and wisely devote the resources to this project.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

Honda wrote:I would like to tell both BZ1 and BZ2 fanatics alike that what we are trying to achieve is not a remake of the Battlezone universe rather a spiritual successor that celebrates the series
Doesn't look that way to me. Everything I've seen so far has been pretty much BZ1 higher poly. As much as I like BZ1, if you're going to be making statements like that you'd better be able to back it up.

A "spiritual successor" as opposed to a remake, yet you use pretty much identical models like the barracks, Razer and I think i saw a Badger a while back. Yeah nah.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

UT3 etc uses 20,000 poly models and above for its vehicles, in fact almost anything. im sure BZ3 will be fine with those!