BZ3: Genesis

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

LtFEED
Thunderbolt

BZ3: Genesis

Post by LtFEED »

Hey Guys!

Great to see the new website. 8-)

Weve been working hard on BZ3 and heres the most recent update video of the Venus Map:

http://www.battlezone3.com/forum/index. ... 89#msg5889

This Map and our first game are about 50% complete. It should only be about a month until we have an Alpha version for everyone to download and play. I will post the game specs a few weeks before the release date. Also, BZ3 can handle up to 64 players. It would be extremely cool to have a game of BZ3 with 64 players.

Let me know what you think :)

-LtFEED
Red Spot
Attila

Re: BZ3: Genesis

Post by Red Spot »

Starting too look pretty interesting. ;)
One bit of advice though, create a 2-3min video that actually properly shows some stuff and doesnt keep me waiting for [things I cant clearly see] all the time, after watching 5-6 min I just got bored watching, eventhough I liked what I saw.

In an effort to help you get some people to view the video linked mid-topic in the topic you linked, I'll post it straight up over here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rysQT6Dhov8
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

It's awfully dark and hard to see things. Also, will this game pickup after bz2, or one of the major mods? Will it be completely different?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

It seems to largely ignore BZ2 and follow from BZ1 as far as I'm aware. I was wondering that the other day.

What was the decision chain that lead to this, Lt? What's your synopsis at the moment?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:What was the decision chain that lead to this, Lt? What's your synopsis at the moment?
I can tell you without a chain. It is made by BZ1 fanboys, the majority of whom (the whole group of BZ1 fanboys I mean) hate BZ2.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

The frame rate is well into the painful region.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:
AHadley wrote:What was the decision chain that lead to this, Lt? What's your synopsis at the moment?
I can tell you without a chain. It is made by BZ1 fanboys, the majority of whom (the whole group of BZ1 fanboys I mean) hate BZ2.
I'm just confused as to how it can call itself a sequel to the series when it ignores one of the games completely.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:
I'm just confused as to how it can call itself a sequel to the series when it ignores one of the games completely.
With the effort these guys invest into something they could have made an Indie and get some cash rolling in an effort to actually make a name for themselves, they chose the path of not being able to get any return out of it and effectivly just found a time-sink => fans, not developers.
(Which I do not see as a bad thing. Just saying as my reply may read a bit different :))
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Well, LtFeed, I'm glad you made this topic! :)
Welcome to the BZForum!
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

AHadley wrote:It seems to largely ignore BZ2 and follow from BZ1 as far as I'm aware. I was wondering that the other day.

What was the decision chain that lead to this, Lt? What's your synopsis at the moment?

The decision to to follow From BZ1 was decided long before i was involved with the project. However, you guys have to understand that BZ3 is NOT a continuation of BZ1. The ONLY aspect of BZ1 that we intend to use is the 'look'. The dev members agreed that as far as how the game looks, it should look more like BZ1 rather than bz2. THat is it.

We havent decided completely on the storyline for the game. We currently only have a draft of the storyline, it is by no means complete. In fact we wont even look a the story line until after the TDM release.

I do 90% of the work on the BZ3 project, and i havnt decided how the story is going to go. I personlly like both games. BZ1 was first and broke alot of ground in the gaming industry, so i have a great deal of respect for that game. BZ2 however, was much more polished and just a better all around game. the only problem with BZ2 IMO is the color scheme they used. I just dont like all of the bright colors.

To say that BZ3 is a remake of BZ1 is incorrect. the best way to describe what were trying to do is that BZ3 is going to look more like BZ1 rather than BZ2 , but the game play is designe to follow how BZ2 was developed. For example, I prefer the HUD in BZ2 so were working on a HUD that resembles BZ2 more than BZ1.

To say that anybody at BZ3 HATES BZ2 is like the weirdest thing ive ever heard. The topic almost NEVER comes up. I play BZ2 occasionally. I dont even have a copy of BZ1, so i cant even play it.

-LtF
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

LtFEED wrote:To say that anybody at BZ3 HATES BZ2 is like the weirdest thing ive ever heard. The topic almost NEVER comes up. I play BZ2 occasionally. I dont even have a copy of BZ1, so i cant even play it.
What I said was that most BZ1 fanboys hate BZ2, something that is not wierd and entirely fact. Try not to misunderstand what I say. I pick my words carefully.

NO ORANGE TANKS! :lol:
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Scions would be cool though.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

Agreed, most of the BZ1 boys dislike BZ2. I make sure that if any idiot from the "BZ1 world" makes a hate post at BZ3 about BZ2, that it is dealt with immediatly or the post is deleted and the member is banned. One thing i dont tolerate at the BZ3 forums is haters.

I think the BZ3 forum is made up of mostly BZ2 boys. most of the discussion on this topic revolves around how BZ2 actually works. we refer to BZ2 for reference on a regular basis. THe only references we make to BZ1 is in relation to how the game looks (generally color). IMO the color palette used ingame is one of the most important aspects of the game environment, so im always tinkering with it.

I promise, NO orange tanks. in fact it think were going with gun metal grey and dark (military) green... :)
I was hoping to get some suggestions about this.....

-LtF
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

"Gun Metal Grey and Dog **** Brown", now all it needs is "MOAR BLOOM!!!!111" and it will be a next gen title!
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

How 'bout some aliens?