Battlefield 3

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Garison49
Scrap

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Garison49 »

I got bf3 2 days ago, and i completely agree with this review, there is a lot of problems in singleplayer, like your friendly AI is so dumb, half of the time there just shooting walls, and u never get to use anything im like YES MORTARS, JETS, CAR o wait i cant use those, also if you go ahead of the person youre supposed to follow u often get glitched, but aside from those problems and a few other small ones the game is good, oh it also has a similar campaign to black ops where some dude with a white shirt and a tie is asking you questions then you relive what happened, im surprised they copied cod so much with that, like its literally the same thing
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

That "man-in-a-white-shirt-and-tie" bit is called a debriefing. It happens after an operation in real life, so why can only CoD do it and not BF3?

Let's be honest, it's not like CoD's AI is blindingly awesome, or has all the features of multiplayer, or has no glitches, or has that great a story.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

new trailer for Armored Kill expansion for BF3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6j5lXHNi8w

eat yer heart out, COD... :D

you can get all the expansions (Back To Karkand, Close Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath, and End Game), plus new weapons, camo, etc. by getting Battlefield Premium for $50 (saves $25 when purchased individually)

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/premium
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

So wait, you have to buy an expansion just to add more vehicles to the base game?

Aren't they already making BF4?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

more (and bigger) maps, more vehicles, weapons. SOP now for games.

BF4 is in the design stage. it'll probably use an updated engine, probably called frostbite 2.5 or fb 3, maybe based on a conflict with china/nork/russia (none of them in bf3). i just hope it's not placed in africa like fc2...

might be interesting to add israel vs. everyone to it.
Abraham Lincoln

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Nielk1 wrote:So wait, you have to buy an expansion just to add more vehicles to the base game?
This is EA Games we're talking about :P
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i guess you could say that about COD, too, but, oh, wait, they don't have any vehicles, do they? :lol:
Abraham Lincoln

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:i guess you could say that about COD, too, but, oh, wait, they don't have any vehicles, do they? :lol:
Trying to attack a competitor won't work. I don't love either title.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Red, If I want to buy Battlefield 3 online and get a download, where's the best place to get it?
Developer @ Stormtide

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

probably Origin:

http://store.origin.com/

Amazon has the PC download, too, but it says it's only for U.S. addresses. might be available on the amazon uk site.

all patches go through origin. i got the dvd's via amazon and it updates via origin. you have to install origin to run it, plus is uses your browser as the launch/join/community/stats interface (very nice), so make sure you have java enabled.

if you get it, get the "premium edition", which includes the core game and all the expansions (current and future). the one that just says 'premium' says you need to get the core bf3 game to play.
Abraham Lincoln

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Red Devil wrote:probably Origin:

http://store.origin.com/

Amazon has the PC download, too, but it says it's only for U.S. addresses. might be available on the amazon uk site.

all patches go through origin. i got the dvd's via amazon and it updates via origin. you have to install origin to run it, plus is uses your browser as the launch/join/community/stats interface (very nice), so make sure you have java enabled.

if you get it, get the "premium edition", which includes the core game and all the expansions (current and future). the one that just says 'premium' says you need to get the core bf3 game to play.
Cool thanks :) Origin looks fairly expensive though in comparison to other sites, but it's just the convenience of a direct download.

I may well get said Premium Edition. The Armoured Warfare section looks awesome.
Developer @ Stormtide

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

aircraft, treaded, and wheeled physics are very good; now if they only had hover tanks... i'm thinking that they will re-release 2142 using frostbite 2 or remake it.
Abraham Lincoln

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Well I got it, and all the DLC. That web-browser launcher and all the additional stuff you need to install is pretty irritating, but it's a fun game. Time to find out what the fuss is about I guess :)

Tank Mission = Awesome
Developer @ Stormtide

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

you get used to the browser integration fairly quickly; it's different, but it packs a lot into it and you can easily see what's happening with other players if you have > 1 monitor.

downloading armored kill now
Abraham Lincoln