[DOWNLOAD!] Unofficial Expansion Pack Public Beta Released!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Re: [DOWNLOAD!] Unofficial Expansion Pack Public Beta Releas

Post by jaydenbz2 »

Heavy hitters, I like it, though, what am I; completing a large amount of cp2 assets, I am not buried, I am the one working on the cp2 assets and N1 and I will show you all what a great mod is and unlike some other 'heavy hitters' we have no problem with the input of others, this after all is, the Community Project 2.
Vision1
Sober Scav

Post by Vision1 »

Don't know where to put bugs...

Just downloaded/installed and played the unofficial expansion pack at one instant mission, with the warzone hills map and with the jamsh warship variant..

I really like this variant, it gives a more Total annihilation feel to it but in 3D and better looking (a game wich i really like to) but it's incomplete cause for some items to build i need the factory (it asks for it) also i miss the items that are for lets say in the normal variant..
Like walkers and stuff, also defense must be more also for some items/units you can build only 4 but they are not even that strong so what's that all about, also noticed the same thing in the greenheart variant (witch i really like to)

What i like to see is a variant with the greenheart thug variant and the jamsh warship variant combined. Ultimate War.
Hope this one can be done, then it would be an very awesome game..

If i could do this then i would, cause i have loads of time, but i can't cause i know nothing about it (modding and things) ;)

I'm glad finally there are variants for the cpu..!
Great there are more maps now..!

I will check out every single map and variant..

There are a few bugs witch i noticed instantly:
- Plains are flying weird and upsidedown (don't know if this is a bug or not)
- Sometimes the camera hangs and goes the other way without touching a knob, then if you press ESC 2x it's good again...
- If i find more i will post them..

Hope you will keep on going modding this game and make some great unofficial expansion packs for it!
Cause we need it. Of course i know this takes time and effort, but this game is still cool after 12 years + it's gotten even better overtime
--Your either with me or against me. Can't be both. Be sure to pick the good one..--
I'm like a knight, i pierce through everything.
I'm a bloody bastard and i'm proud to be one.. Are you?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Would be nice if one of the major UEP contributors would just take over on the project and continue developing it (and not be butthurt about it since you can make changes anyways). Its obvious that UEP wasnt intended to be a final release but more of a 'lets stop these assets from sitting in limbo' release.

That said, some of the UEP features could be also be refined and implemented in BZ2CP2.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

@Vision1: Look back in the thread and you'll find this mod was released in its infancy with little in the way of testing done. There are issues everywhere and we can't track them all. Development has stopped.

If you want some proper "unofficial expansion packs" to play with BZ2 then I'd recommend Forgotten Enemies (play the 1.2 version, Red Devil broke the 1.3 version beyond all comprehension) and the Fleshstorm trilogy (only the first two made so far, both fairly compatible with new versions). More are in development by different people at varying stages.

@ZA: TheJamsh is AWOL and Nielk and I have larger projects to work on (CP2 and the successor of BZRAP) and so may never get around to fixing this. AFAIK, TwinShadow took down the SVN, so the assets that were released are the only assets available. If anybody wants to continue work on these, or use them in something else, I dare say they can, as that's partly what the UEP was intended for.

Some UEP features are likely to be used in CP2, yes; perhaps not as they are, but certainly an evolved form. The story we have at the moment looks like it could allow for expansion of the Warship variant, for example (in an environment different to one you might typically expect).
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I told ZA what I was working on in relation to concerns I had about how certain aspects of the community would respond to it. It would be a continuation of the UEP in a sense, but not the same thing, and executed far better.
Vision1
Sober Scav

Post by Vision1 »

AHadley wrote:@Vision1: Look back in the thread and you'll find this mod was released in its infancy with little in the way of testing done. There are issues everywhere and we can't track them all. Development has stopped.

If you want some proper "unofficial expansion packs" to play with BZ2 then I'd recommend Forgotten Enemies (play the 1.2 version, Red Devil broke the 1.3 version beyond all comprehension) and the Fleshstorm trilogy (only the first two made so far, both fairly compatible with new versions). More are in development by different people at varying stages.
Yes i know, i like this one. I don't want to downgrade. Development has to go further :D
Shall i post issues here or what?
Currently playing all maps, variants etc one at a time and in combo with each other...
Like i said in my earlyer post, i noticed some bugs instantly, but i don't know if i must put the bugs in here or not or do you have a bug/issue thread for this?????
--Your either with me or against me. Can't be both. Be sure to pick the good one..--
I'm like a knight, i pierce through everything.
I'm a bloody bastard and i'm proud to be one.. Are you?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Vision1 wrote:
AHadley wrote:@Vision1: Look back in the thread and you'll find this mod was released in its infancy with little in the way of testing done. There are issues everywhere and we can't track them all. Development has stopped.

Yes i know, i like this one. I don't want to downgrade. Development has to go further :D
Shall i post issues here or what?
Currently playing all maps, variants etc one at a time and in combo with each other...
Like i said in my earlyer post, i noticed some bugs instantly, but i don't know if i must put the bugs in here or not or do you have a bug/issue thread for this?????
FE has its own bug thread.

You can have two installs of BZ2 at the same time; keep one for 1.2 and one for 1.3. That way you can play a version of FE that actually works alongside 1.3 and all the other mods.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

AHadley wrote:AFAIK, TwinShadow took down the SVN, so the assets that were released are the only assets available.
Actually the SVN bit wasn't my choice because the person who owned the domain probably stopped paying the bills without even telling me so now the domain is gone and everything related gone poof.

Also, in the TJ variant, you can still access walkers and such. 1.3 (I don't remember which PB though) added an ability for sub-menus in the build menus, and the walker and such are in the Assault menu if I recall. So, still just about every unit is available for use including those from say a stock variant.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Zero Angel wrote:Its obvious that UEP wasnt intended to be a final release but more of a 'lets stop these assets from sitting in limbo' release.
Glad someone realised... People can feel free to work with it, including the stuff I put in or made. The files are all there for everybody to access and really that's all you need. I'm sure the other dev's kept a backup here or there too if there's anything else. In regards to the warship variant, if memory serves me correctly I did fix it but forgot to put the additional files into the .PAK archive before packing it all up. It'd be near impossible for me to figure out what those were now. It had very very few stock units in it though, if any. It was designed to be completely different.

Regardless of the pitiful state of the release (well, I didn't think it was THAT bad), it was well-played from what I remember. Put off my taste for the game though unfortunately. Some cool projects on the go at the moment though...
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

My general situation is that I am very busy. If people want things, help is best. Of course, if you don't know how to help, that... doesn't help.

I need a good server for what I want to do, my server space is, well my host has gone **** with policy implementation changes and thus I can't do what I want. (Think MM6 with automatic mod updating and maintenance.)

I am currently working on things outside BZ2 as a priority because of the possibility of revenue generation in those areas.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

N1, what about using github maybe? I hear GIT is better than SVN and all that, so maybe that's worth looking into? If not, I can see how much space is on my server and perhaps I can set something up there for you to use perhaps.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

If the people working on it don't mind ssh+svn and needing to set up a keypair we can use SVN on my web-space. Issue with the free hosts is BZ2 mods are very asset heavy, those hosts are more for code which is small as it's all text.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

True, but my server is dedicated, so its not a big problem.