86%
kill it
14%

Total votes: 14

Clavin12
Bull Dog

Re: I made a model for a scion tec center Tex problem

Post by Clavin12 »

I think I'd make the sphere smaller though, so it doesn't cut into the ground.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

43 fps is a fail.
Huge transparency's are a bad idea.
Is it a draw geom or an animation?
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

its a draw_sphere and 43 fps is not a fail its doing good for max settings. the pic is a 3rd persion form me standing in the center of the building right behind the orb in the center wich is the most costly effect on it. I under stand that I will have to change some of the effects a littel for MP and have set up a reduced version of the RV for lower end CPUs.
becouse my mod uses only ODF and XSI the whole thing is set up to run as a group of RVs but is a mod none the less.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

43 fps just looking at it = 4fps in a battle = you win cos everyone else left.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Seriously, 43fps is terrible. I don't get any greater than 30 during standard play, and I slow to a crawl when networking.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

MrTwosheds wrote:43 fps just looking at it = 4fps in a battle = you win cos everyone else left.
it runs at about 84 with mid graphics settings.
with nothing on I get 203+ fps playing with stock so 43 with every thing on high is not to bad. I am still trying to get it around 50 or 60 with full settings.

I don't know any one that can run a 4 player MP let alone a strat at max graphics with out every one leving it.
all of my tests are done at full settings to start then I work down form there till the effects work well on all settings I still have some that just don't look right after thats done so I put the full versions in to a SP RV becous they will lag most MP games to death.

in fact right now it takes less to render this then one of SRVs Anti-Artillery Shields.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:
MrTwosheds wrote:43 fps just looking at it = 4fps in a battle = you win cos everyone else left.
it runs at about 84 with mid graphics settings.
with nothing on I get 203+ fps playing with stock so 43 with every thing on high is not to bad. I am still trying to get it around 50 or 60 with full settings.

I don't know any one that can run a 4 player MP let alone a strat at max graphics with out every one leving it.
all of my tests are done at full settings to start then I work down form there till the effects work well on all settings I still have some that just don't look right after thats done so I put the full versions in to a SP RV becous they will lag most MP games to death.

in fact right now it takes less to render this then one of SRVs Anti-Artillery Shields.
Depends on your PC though. It's always a good idea to optimize your effects so they don't bring the FPS down too much (relative to the FPS you get when the building/effect is not present). Some people are not running very fast PCs. If you do it properly then the quality of the effect does not get reduced very much.
jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Post by jaydenbz2 »

Why don't you just use core textures and try to expand on their race a little.I did a while ago, results were good.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

jaydenbz2 wrote:Why don't you just use core textures and try to expand on their race a little.I did a while ago, results were good.
becouse I am upgrading the scions using core tec which was the bases of their tec to start with.
at lest thats the idea as you up grade your base it will look more like the core add will be harder to kill.

at one point a ways back I looked at trying to do 2 new ways to build a base one was to have a plate system the other was the flying base both did not work out so well. and the thing is that if I was to make a full core race it realy needs a new way to build its base.
but now that I have the air bases working a flying base dose not sound to hard.
they would need to stop moving to build but sure as long as I can think of what all needs to go in those 9 base slots.

all of that is a project in of its self that I am not starting right now but it could happen latter.
Feenix

Post by Feenix »

S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:
Feenix wrote:
S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:it would look so much better if I can fix this texture. :evil: :evil: :evil:
How are you mapping it on the model? Are you using something other then Threed these days to make you models?
yes I am now using True Space and I have a copy of Lithim Unwrap I just started to use paint net wich works grate so far on making working textures. but yes I still use Threed on some of the small things becouse I have yet to have any problem with my copy of it. and I am still holding on to the old models as place hoders till I get done making new ones. I still can't make heads or tails of half of the things I have seen on how to do vetex animations.

I was having problems becouse the format I saved the texture in first off did not convert right or some thing I maged to fix it by remaking it all over agen.
Ironically, vertex animation in Truespace look awesome until one tries to actually export them for conversion with 3DEX. Move and rotational animations are very simple though. The secret seems to be moving the objects axis to where you want them to pivot on. You can also build a basic framework and use the attach object to bone tool for human and animal figures and then keyframe them easy enough. Did you go into the X exporter settings and tweak them? There are options for triangulating, converting textures to 2x2 for BZII and exporting animation as well. PS: On BZII controlled parts like HP's, flame, tread and tractor parts you can get them to work in game by adding 2 spaces at the end of the model part name or you can also use double underscore characters to do the same thing.
Feenix

Post by Feenix »

S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:made a new version what do you think? 43 FPS ^_^
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^this effect spins^<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Very impressive bro. I love what your doing with the texturing. Check out the material editor options in TS. I believe you can combine like 6 seperate textures into a single procmat image and add lighting effects by enabling the use material light option; it basically illuminates the texture to glow like an area light. You can also tweak the lighted texture to cast shadows on to other model parts; don't know if BZII can support all of these advanced features like texture transparency or transparency mapping, but boy do those rendered images look so much more intense to the naked eye. I love using Truespace for BZII which really pales in comparison to what TS can actually produce in terms on 3D models. :mrgreen:
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

Feenix wrote:
S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:made a new version what do you think? 43 FPS ^_^
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^this effect spins^<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Very impressive bro. I love what your doing with the texturing. Check out the material editor options in TS. I believe you can combine like 6 seperate textures into a single procmat image and add lighting effects by enabling the use material light option; it basically illuminates the texture to glow like an area light. You can also tweak the lighted texture to cast shadows on to other model parts; don't know if BZII can support all of these advanced features like texture transparency or transparency mapping, but boy do those rendered images look so much more intense to the naked eye. I love using Truespace for BZII which really pales in comparison to what TS can actually produce in terms on 3D models. :mrgreen:
I used paint net to make the tex wich can combine textures. BZII dose not support those lighted materials but note pad can be used to add a glowing effect to the model and there is a hole lot you can do with ODF effects.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I do wish you would use proper grammar and spelling.
Oberon67
Scrap

Post by Oberon67 »

Clavin12 wrote:I do wish you would use proper grammar and spelling.
Oooh, that's no way to win friends.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

He has been posting that way for quite a long time.