Hijacking Units

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

blue banana
Sabre

Hijacking Units

Post by blue banana »

i was just sitting in bed when i started to think about pilots vs units in bz2. i got the idea that pilots should be given the opportunity to hijack enemy units. you know where theres the tank and the pilot hops on the tank and smashes the cockpit and kills the pilot. i think hijacking should be in future patches (and mods)
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Hijacking Units

Post by Ded10c »

Sniper rifles do the same thing, much more efficiently. You're further away and there's less chance of the tank pounding you as you try to sneak up on it.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

AHadley wrote:Sniper rifles do the same thing, much more efficiently. You're further away and there's less chance of the tank pounding you as you try to sneak up on it.
Ignore him he's talking about Halo
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

blue banana wrote:i was just sitting in bed when i started to think about pilots vs units in bz2. i got the idea that pilots should be given the opportunity to hijack enemy units. you know where theres the tank and the pilot hops on the tank and smashes the cockpit and kills the pilot. i think hijacking should be in future patches (and mods)
There already is a way for a pilot to hijack an enemy hovercraft in G66. Get the pilot weapon "Subversion Ray" (Scions) and instead of sniping it, he'll convert it to be on your side. It doesn't work every time and you have to charge up the weapon, but it's almost the same amount of problems you have to deal with in Halo.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The same principle should be used to recreate the MAS grenade. I want my BZ toys back :(
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Zax wrote:Ignore him he's talking about Halo
actually i dont believe you can hijack in halo. ignore zax hes being a moron.
AHadley wrote:Sniper rifles do the same thing, much more efficiently. You're further away and there's less chance of the tank pounding you as you try to sneak up on it.
but theres a chance you will miss, im just saying you can get up close to a unit and take it over
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

blue banana wrote:
but theres a chance you will miss, im just saying you can get up close to a unit and take it over
Insulting Zax because he disagrees with you, eh?

The hijack weapon is pointless. Sniper rifles can kill the opposing pilot far away while you have to get up close (danger of being shot and killed) with your so-called "Hijack" weapon. If the unit is stationary, you could easily kill the pilot with no difficulty whatsoever. And you STILL have to aim at the cockpit with the "Hijack" weapon
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

blue banana wrote:
Apparently you JUST got Halo and have no idea how it works then. There are many vehicles you can either kick the person out of or punch the hull and drop a grenade into. Hijacking is a big part of defeating vehicles... Im truely sorry for your lots
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

labmice00 wrote: And you STILL have to aim at the cockpit with the "Hijack" weapon
not realy I made one that dose not require you to so much as hit the target it uses a spray bomb to deploy a flair mine that fires a ordence with a larg collion area that will snipe every thing in range porblem is it will also get your units or you if you try to use it at point blank.
Last edited by S.cavA.rmyG.en on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Why not use a Splinter like TJ's Digger did? (IIRC)
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

AHadley wrote:Why not use a Splinter like TJ's Digger did? (IIRC)
to random for me if I was going to do some thing like that it would be a weapon mine that would be better at hitting the target.
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:
labmice00 wrote: And you STILL have to aim at the cockpit with the "Hijack" weapon
not realy I made one that dose not require you to so much as hit the target it uses a spray bomb to deploy a flair mine that fires a ordence with a larg collion area that will snipe every thing in range porblem is it will also get your units or you if you try to use it at point blank.
That's the problem, you hurt/kill yourself or friendlies. I think it is just better just to have a grenade kill the pilot with shrapnel.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

grenades are a good idea if you start out with them and not a crap jetpack. but still i think hijacking is pretty cool because in my mind you get to see you punch the pilot out of the ship
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

The collisions in BZ2 do not allow for what you are wanting, final answer.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Completely impossible in BZ2.