I give up.

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

I give up.

Post by bigbadbogie »

This is the end. I have just been made aware that the community hates me and my mods... and always have.

I am leaving this 'community' and not returning.

I will complete my mods, and keep them to myself. Nobody here or anywhere else deserves any of my incredible work.

Anybody is free to use my work without permission, as apparently it is so utterly worthless and crap that none of you would use it in a fit anyway.

You will never see QF2 or BZ2HD. Only I will. You are all going to miss out on everything.

Lizard was right about you all. You are utterly pitiful. You never respect the dedication and hard work of those who kept this game alive.

I hope to hell that this community collapses soon and that the CP2 project is as laughable as I have predicted.

You can all go to hell.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: I give up.

Post by Nielk1 »

BBB PMed this to me before this:
bigbadbogie wrote:I honestly don't care what the community thinks of me. They have been little but a thorn in my side for years now. Pretentious fools. Lizard was right about that. They have no talent in any field other than egotism.
I asked him if I could post the PMs after he said that but I never got a reply.

So now you do care?
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

You act like BZ2 will die without you. You say that you're the only reason that the game is still being played (Even though I can't really name anyone who plays ONLY your mods).

If this is true, boy I'd hate to meet you in real life.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Silence is banal.
              -IX
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

omg, really?

wait, you're not kidding, are you? NO! you CAN'T give up! What about ppl like me? I like your mods and your hard work; what happens to those in the shadows, who don't say much, but LOVE playing amazing mods like your's? How can you punish those that in no way have done anything to you, besides play your mods?

:cry:
Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead. - Thomas Paine

Light travels faster than sound...
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Cyber
Sabre

Post by Cyber »

LOL

Are you kiddnig us?

Incredible work? Eh, sorry what? I bet you won't even finish BZ2HD or QF2, I bet you didn't even START with the work, really what is wrong with you?
Teamspeak 3: teamspeak.com
TS3 Server(Ugonland): 74.91.115.34
Echo 343
Rattler

Post by Echo 343 »

I've never understood why one would care about a strangers opinion, at least so much to let it bother them, when its negative. Everyone seems to think every opinion has merit and or credibility. It isn't so. That being said. The fact that this is the result of a petty argument, is asinine and pathetic.
:.Lingering Echo.:
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

BBB that's the wrong attitude, don't be too concerned with what others may or may not think, do what you enjoy doing and finish what you start.
If you are building something to impress others you will always be disappointed.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

He'll be back.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Request to leave denied, soldier!
bigbadbogie wrote:I have just been made aware that the community hates me and my mods... and always have.
Wrong.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

There are some that speak very often that may try to give that feeling, and by being so loud may give the impression they actually rule anything. Dont be fooled by that.

Either way, mod for yourself. If after you release it there is 1 that likes it, focus on that, not 10 that make demands or have some need to distribute negativity.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

BBB, most of us have no issues with you at all. Who pissed you off so much to leave? It's really wierd when I see these posts from old timers like you and supposedly Lizard. Me I still wonder why I tolerate all the BS on this forum, but I'm not really surprized when people constantly give other users a hard time for trying to be themselves. Go figure....
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Col Klink wrote:BBB, most of us have no issues with you at all. Who pissed you off so much to leave? It's really wierd when I see these posts from old timers like you and supposedly Lizard. Me I still wonder why I tolerate all the BS on this forum, but I'm not really surprized when people constantly give other users a hard time for trying to be themselves. Go figure....
I have showed a few specific people the PMs that relate to this that have him saying he is the "only modder with any creditability" and saying quite basicly that BZ2 would die without him. Someone with an ego that big has to leave just to see that we get on fine without him.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

BBB, can stand on his own merits. Every modder I've come across must develop some kind of attitude when they complete a mod or variant. I was just wondering why he got so pissed off to begin with. Same deal with Lizard I guess? It's a shame he felt compelled to leave just because other thinks he has a big head. Go figure huh?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

He got pissed off because I dared to mention a mod he apparently despised like it had any value. CP2 being it. In PMs he went on to say that such mods as that and Avatar's stories and so on were destroying the story of BZ2 and after some huge rant where he said he was the only true (current) modder, then said he didn't have an ego, then said he didn't care what the community thought, then quit claiming the community hated him.

It makes about as much sense as the tantrum of your average 5 year old.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

Where is CP2 at in terms of being ready for beta testing? It'd be cool to see some progress, but I guess getting it ready is quite a task with so few people actually working on it. If I can help with some stuff let me know. I remember when GreenHeart was still working on the 20th Century mod, but then just sort of gave up on it. I think part of the problem is not enough people actually want to participate; most just want them finished like yesterday without regard to all work that must be required to actually get in done.