I hereby donate...

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

I hereby donate...

Post by TheJamsh »

Seeing as there seems to be a touch of insanity in the water lately, and because I don't particularly agree with some of the expressed views because it craps on all the work I put into the game for however long, I'm donating all Serenesis assets to the CP2. Multiple reasons (if you care), below:

1- They're sexy, and need to be used. /ego
2- I'm sick of them sitting on my HDD's in multiple forms, NOT being used after all the years of attention I gave them.
3- Serenesis isn't going to happen.
4- I want to prove BBB wrong, but don't want to do much in the way of making a mod myself. Don't have the time.
5- I want to prove that not everybody is totally selfish about their assets, *cough* especially ones they didn't even make Lizard *cough*. We're a small community, and apart from in the case of my dickish behavior in releasing a load of other peoples unfinished work with the UEP, I don't understand why people are so protective over their assets. We all know who made what, so it's pointless. Credit where due is enough for me.

Slowly but surely I'll get each useable part of the project into a suitable form to send to the CP2 team, and fix all the particle effects that 'Public Beta whatever it was' broke, (after some persuasion GSH nicely added a flag to allow me to do so, i just couldn't be arsed at the time). That includes all SFX, particles, re-vamped weapons, new craft, shell/UI stuff, all working files. The whole schebang.

Hopefully this restores some of your modding mojo if it happened to be dented by this weeks occurrences. Long live BZ2.
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Re: I hereby donate...

Post by jaydenbz2 »

Well appreciated, little does BBB know that his actions just inspired revolution, long live BZ2. :)
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

I think BBB just got fed up with all the BS....
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Number 5 cracked me up. :D
This is encouraging, maybe the source for Bz and Bz2 could be released some day. ;)
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

CP2 won't succeed unless people begin to consolidate their efforts -- it seems that everyone wants to work on their own projects which take years and all seek to reinvent the wheel -- and most fall flat anyways, often requiring work that is outside of that modders area of expertise or interest, or requiring a 'final push' full of tedious work that the modder does not want to do.

I think it's about time that people stop thinking that CP2 is going to be held up by story, there are plenty of things that people can contribute whether its environmental objects, maps that act as proofs-of-concept for level designers, volunteer time as script programmers, AIP design for new races, weapon designers, etc.

I havent taken a look at TheJamsh objects but even if they are mediocre then it never hurts to have additional contributions done to the asset pool. If some or all are good enough to be used, i'm sure he'll be given a fair shake.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

If CP2 is going to live it needs to move back home (here) into the public spotlight.

There was no BS flying around the air, just Nielk pounding away and pounding away in a vain attempt at being right about something (no matter how meaningless being right would be) until he wore BBB down enough to just kick the can.

I hope he still releases it to those who care, because those moddb SSs left me wanting more.
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

As far as I'm concerned you've just redeemed yourself for the UEP fiasco. Nice to see we're not all losing our heads.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Except the CP2 isn't just me. The core team never left it. In fact I haven't touched it in like a year and work is still being done since I am trying to get BZRAP going. Well, more like, I am trying to get other people to get BZRAP ready in the asset stages while I do IRL things that are far more important.

If you want to be involved in the CP2, make things and donate them. The CP1 has tons of these in it. The story is not a hang up, the assets are. People just cry and bitch when they don't like the story, some of them without even knowing the story (BBB), and its sad.

If you are really good, we will bring you into the inner circle. This is the only way for the CP2 to actually exist, and if you look at how the credits of the first CP roll, it pretty much results in the same hierarchy of modders working on it.