Sticky Mortar

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Clavin12
Bull Dog

Re: Sticky Mortar

Post by Clavin12 »

You could rush into the base, spray this about, and leave it to stew their buildings.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

there is the isArcing ODF entry you can put under [OrdnanceClass] that should/might allow leaders to arc like a mortar.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:there is the isArcing ODF entry you can put under [OrdnanceClass] that should/might allow leaders to arc like a mortar.
Isn't that an AI aiming flag only?
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

Actually, sticky acid cloud would r*** enemy tanks. >.> You could sticky the enemy if you know you can't win, and then let them die from the acid cloud. It does a TON to sabres...
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Mini-thread ressurection. I've almost got sticky grenades working. 'anchor' supports all the settings under [LeaderRoundClass]. Basically you create a spaybomb from the initial ordnance, use the new flags to make it explode and generate its ordnance whenever it hits anything, from that you generate an invisible building with tapped flares, which spews out leader, anchor or emp rounds in a given direction.

The current version im working on uses a spraybuilding rather than a building/flare combo. I like to keep ODF things as simple as possible so its smoother in MP, but its tricky to get it working everytime using a spraybuilding. Got it working on a tank, but as soon as I turn on box collisions, its not so reliable anymore. Some weapons actually rely on BZ2's crap collisions y'know :P. Seeing as its a Serenesis weapon, its also running constantly in 30 TPS (stock runs at 10), so its a lot smoother. It'd probably be less likely to work in stock, but i think the building/flare method is fairly useable. The only reason this method doesnt work so well is because the spraybuilding is generated at ground level most of the time, not detonation level. Not true for i76buildings. Give it a shot.

Also, shameless plug. I give thee, the Pathan 'Spiked Shock Grenade'. Basically the idea is you throw it, it hits the target, sticks for a while and fizzes the engine circuits, slowing down the crafts handling. I may change it to just make it screw with weapons, because anchors affect gravity as well...

blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

impressive design! i do actually have the code on my mac for a prototype, however it is in machine language. ill give you a short excerpt from it

EDIT: hm nevermind about the exceprt, all im getting out of it is '˜{hÛ
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

can I shoot him?

:D

And, this might actually be quite simple. You make a splinter that detonates on anything, and u make the spray even, and full of very short range anchors that stick.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

I got it to work pretty damn well :P, The hardest part, is getting it so that one emitted ordnance from a splinter/flare hits the target everytime, especially if its moving. Running at higher TPS actually helps a little too.

The best way seems to be creating a building with tapped 90 degree flares when it hits something (buildSprayOnHit = true). Plus you can create multiple ordnances that way, so can create a true EMP grenade ;)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

true EMP blasts are easy :P
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

They are :P, but it was getting the grenade to 'stick' and emit an effect just like leader rounds, and only have ONE stick at a time so it looks 'seamless'.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

TheJamsh wrote:They are :P, but it was getting the grenade to 'stick' and emit an effect just like leader rounds, and only have ONE stick at a time so it looks 'seamless'.
if you are pretty much looking at the TAG leader round .DLL and .ODF then i suggest you look at the resin stick .DLL/.ODF which will greatly give you a better sense of what correct code
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

blue banana wrote:
TheJamsh wrote:They are :P, but it was getting the grenade to 'stick' and emit an effect just like leader rounds, and only have ONE stick at a time so it looks 'seamless'.
if you are pretty much looking at the TAG leader round .DLL and .ODF then i suggest you look at the resin stick .DLL/.ODF which will greatly give you a better sense of what correct code
WAT?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

blue banana wrote: if you are pretty much looking at the TAG leader round .DLL and .ODF then i suggest you look at the resin stick .DLL/.ODF which will greatly give you a better sense of what correct code

.DLL

??? Please go find the correct file name suffix before N1 gets his baseball bat.
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

Uh-oh. N is going to kill you.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

blue banana wrote:
Believe me, I know what I'm doing...