Beam to move things with

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Re: Beam to move things with

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

AHadley wrote:Scav, it would have been much better to let him figure it out himself from tips we gave him than to simply do it for him.
you mite just have some thing there AHadley ether way this weapon is a far cry from done so the rest I will leave with you Draco.
4 THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1.Professionals are predictable,amateurs are dangerous
2.If you can't remember, the Big Gun is always aimed at you.
3.If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid,it's crazy.
4.Anything you do can get you killed,even if it's nothing
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

magnetgun class might do it better (sonic wave) but getting things to move sideways, up, down does not work as well as you would want it to.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

MrTwosheds wrote:magnetgun class might do it better (sonic wave) but getting things to move sideways, up, down does not work as well as you would want it to.
I was testing that but the best that dose is pull in your target and the flash dose not work well in faking the beam.
4 THINGS TO REMEMBER:
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I made one that holds an object very firmly, it does either pull in or push out a bit and drops it if you spin, but you can grab stuff and drive around with it. My flash draw_geom looks cone shaped and has nice moving transparent textures that make it look like a tractor beam ought to.
I suspect I will have to weaken it, or it will make strat players cry when they get kidnapped. :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

tried arc stream?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

Red Devil wrote:tried arc stream?
no I have not how is that going to work for this.
:? I have seen it used to hold a tank in place but I don't think it will work for this.
4 THINGS TO REMEMBER:
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I suggest he takes a copy of FE's Slider ray and lengthen the range and makes it stronger :)
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

General BlackDragon wrote:I suggest he takes a copy of FE's Slider ray and lengthen the range and makes it stronger :)
IRC that used the xplVehicle = "", xplGround = "" and xplexpire = "" to pull in the target it mite work but that would also effect other ordence. I have a idea spraybomb and 1e-5 life magnet mine. but that will not work if it dose not hit some thing.
4 THINGS TO REMEMBER:
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:
General BlackDragon wrote:I suggest he takes a copy of FE's Slider ray and lengthen the range and makes it stronger :)
IRC that used the xplVehicle = "", xplGround = "" and xplexpire = "" to pull in the target it mite work but that would also effect other ordence. I have a idea spraybomb and 1e-5 life magnet mine. but that will not work if it dose not hit some thing.
Um, how would a blank explosion do anything other than prevent... explosions...
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

Nielk1 wrote:
S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:
um, you clearly don't undersand me I don't remeber the names of the explosions them selfs but if IRC it uses the explosion to move things that would work but it has its own problems and limits.
so for now would you stop nagging me you and I bouth know it dose nothing but use up time and board space.
Last edited by S.cavA.rmyG.en on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 THINGS TO REMEMBER:
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:
S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:IRC that used the xplVehicle = "", xplGround = "" and xplexpire = "" to pull in the target it mite work but that would also effect other ordence. I have a idea spraybomb and 1e-5 life magnet mine. but that will not work if it dose not hit some thing.
um, you clearly don't undersand me I don't remeber the names of the explosions them selfs but if IRC it uses the explosion to move things.
so for now would you stop nagging me you and I bouth know it dose nothing but use up time and board space.
Except that isn't what you wrote. What you wrote would cause no explosion to fire. If you wanted to say that some sort of explosion file was used, you should NOT have said = "".

And further more you don't need to be a dick when someone points out incorrect information, so come off it. FFS I gave you a clear opening to explain what you meant without looking like an idiot, but instead you replied with that dribble.

Using up board space, my ass, you're the one that doesn't even write in clear English. I could understand if you couldn't but you aren't even trying. Your posts are nigh unintelligible and your information often entirely incorrect. I don't need you talking down to me because I pointed out that your post was wrong. And what the **** do you mean "quit nagging you"; this is the first time in months I've even tried to engage in a conversation with your unintelligible ass.

The correct thing to say would have been that it used "xplVehicle, xplGround and xplexpire', or 'xplVehicle = <pull explosion>, xplGround = <pull explosion> and xplexpire = <pull explosion>', or quite frankly ANYTHING other than what you did in fact say.

Fix your own posts before you try to tell me what to write in mine.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

^That. Touch brutal, but that.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Well, Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the cot this morning..

but no, the explosion mine spraybomb thing?? That wouldn't give as much control.

I've used 5x slider ray to pick up a scavenger and drag it with me in reverse over water. or throw it sideways, as the original poster wanted. It's just tricky to get it to not "drop" the item accidentally.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
GolemJR14

Post by GolemJR14 »

maybe for rocket tanks i would like to see day wrecker shooting out like mortars, 5 day wreckers only xD.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I would also point out that a tractor beam that can "throw" stuff sideways, would be a super weapon (like a rocket tank that shoots day wreckers) give it a range of 200 or so, grab something, spin, what ever you grabbed will now be travelling at 1000 mps or so and will be destroyed when it hits something as might the thing it hits. Such things may be a laugh when fighting AI, but they are game destroyers when playing against other people.