Looking For a Modeller

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Looking For a Modeller

Post by AI_Unit »

I need someone who is good with creating a new alien race for my mod. At the moment I am handling the weapons and new races but I need someone to create vehicle and building models for me. If anyone is interest, Please private message me with terms for the agreement.
Current Mod: AI's Expansion Pack

AI_Unit was here.
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Looking For a Modeller

Post by Ded10c »

Probably better to give people some idea of what you're looking for first; organic race? Synthetic? Any backstory that might influence the design? Some people are good at modelling particular types of things and less so at others; BBB, for example, makes really good scion craft, but his older military stuff came out looking slightly flat (QF). Lizard made really good organics (Swarm). Slaor was exceptional at the angry-looking, spiky style the Cerberi use, and Pastell was very good at the smooth-yet-angular look of the Hadeans (might have those two the wrong way around).
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Do note that all those listed by AHadley have left the community either through general drift, death, or other reasons.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Well, yes, but they're the most distinct I could think of :P
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Considering that the modelling work constitutes about 80% of the work going into the mod, I would recommend that you consider yourself, any other course is likely to fail.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

There are cases where other things are a greater percentage, such as programming, or map making, but only in certain circumstances (if your mapper makes his own models, then for sure, if not, then less so, if you do C++ missions, then the programming is equal, if not, then it isn't).
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

How much does the job pay?
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk raises a valid point. If you expect to make a half-decent BZ2 mod with a new race then programming will be a necessity; a single-player campaign, even if just a mission or two to introduce your new race, is a real boon. To do that you'll need to know how to program in either C++ (preferable) or the scriptor's language BZS (easier).