how to macke ships

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: how to macke ships

Post by Zero Angel »

Might I suggest Blender? It's a free modeling tool and while there is a bit of a steep learning curve there are plenty of resources (tutorials) that you can find online.

Blender also has an XSI exporter, so you can save to the 3d format that BZ2 uses:
http://bz2maps.us/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4395
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Refer to:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51

It references some good modding resources and modelling programs, which most are free. (There is also free versions of 3ds Max, I believe from the year 2010 to 2014 or so)
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

OvermindDL1 wrote the Blender exporter. Shame that others attempt to erase his contributions.

-- GSH
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Yes Overmind wrote the first Blender exporter, but his script no longer works with the newest version of blender.

Furthermore, the exporter I linked to is entirely original code and not a fork of OM's exporter (compare them if you want). Updates/forks of OM's exporter (e.g. the K-Barter, and BNG versions) have usually credited him as the original creator, it's not like those individuals are trying to hide the fact that it's based on OM's work.

The reason why I posted the link is because it's tested as working, has more export options, and is actively being maintained by its author.
Regulators
Earn your keep
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zero Angel wrote: it's not like those individuals are trying to hide the fact that it's based on OM's work.
2 Examples:
-I copy VSR and release it, no credits given, but I also dont hide I copied it from you.
-I copy VSR, request to rerelease it and give credit as one of the first comments I make when I make it publicly available.

I dont think I need to ask which method you would prefer, I do hope you see why the first method is frowned upon by a lot of people that release stuff online, how trivial it might be.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:
Zero Angel wrote: it's not like those individuals are trying to hide the fact that it's based on OM's work.
2 Examples:
-I copy VSR and release it, no credits given, but I also dont hide I copied it from you.
-I copy VSR, request to rerelease it and give credit as one of the first comments I make when I make it publicly available.

I dont think I need to ask which method you would prefer, I do hope you see why the first method is frowned upon by a lot of people that release stuff online, how trivial it might be.
Neither case is relevant. These are either a new version of or a new exporter based on Overmind's exporter. From what Nielk tells me Overmind has largely moved on to bigger and better things (currently occupied by a Minecraft project called Forge).
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
OvermindDL1
Sober Scav

Post by OvermindDL1 »

My released exporter was before B3D had their huge api change, thus no chance of it working on modern versions (plus it was what, an hour of work?) I did make a new one for the new api long ago too but never released it as I was wanting to add animation support first (which I did, but was untested). No clue if I gave it to some people or not, but if the code is out there then have at it, the code was whipped up so fast that it is not like it took any real work, plus I release near everything open anyway.

And yes, I have been managing MinecraftForge things for a while now, barely any coding on it, mostly consultation, website, and buildserver things. For coding I have everything from MC mods I do to an apt like repository management for mods to a few other unrelated projects to my biggest time sync, as always, work.

Anything that I have ever released for BZ(2) feel free to use or distribute or build on or edit, though it is all ancient now so unsure how useful it all is.

I am often on gtalk/irc(esper)/msn/others quite often if anyone ever wants to chat though.
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

Wow, a blast from the past! Feels like BZU again.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Only chats I have up ATM are Steam and Skype else I'd talk to ya more OM. :/
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Welcome back, shame you haven't brought the little green insights with you this time :P
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i tried chanting your nick 3 times in irc a week or so ago, OM, but you never appeared... :?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

OvermindDL1 wrote:I am often on gtalk/irc(esper)/msn/others quite often if anyone ever wants to chat though.
I dont think you're on that often ... 8-)
OvermindDL1
Sober Scav

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Red Spot wrote:
OvermindDL1 wrote:I am often on gtalk/irc(esper)/msn/others quite often if anyone ever wants to chat though.
The program may be dead, but the protocol still works, evidenced by that I still use it. ;)
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I've had more luck getting in contact with OM through MSN/Windows Live than IRC. Nice to see you stop in and say hi, OM.
Regulators
Earn your keep
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

OvermindDL1 wrote:
Red Spot wrote:
The program may be dead, but the protocol still works, evidenced by that I still use it. ;)
Ah, nice to know!