New MPI Expansion - Map Designer Needed!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Should I use Cerberi in MP?

Yes
80%
No
20%
Add in DLC
No votes

Total votes: 5

Player
Drunken Constructor

Re: New MPI Expansion - Map Designer Needed!

Post by Player »

I honestly feel, and this is probably just me, but why don't you make a new race of your own? Yes, it would be a lot of work, but in the end it would really cool. Honestly, I'm going to get this mod no matter what, but I think it would be a cool addition. Maybe a new alien race, or, a new country on earth decide to join the action. I'm not trying to pressure or change what your goals of this mod is, I think it would be a cool addition to make your own race. Just an idea. Also, your a great modder, i can just tell by the screen shots :D .

If you do want to make a new race, why not make one that has been enemies with the cerburi but have never interacted with earth or the scions. Just an idea, keep up the great work, this mod looks awesome, and one last thing, can we expect air craft?
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

I'll have to see about air craft :)
Current Mod: AI's Expansion Pack

AI_Unit was here.
Player
Drunken Constructor

Post by Player »

<3
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Aircraft are awesome :D
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Player wrote:If you do want to make a new race, why not make one that has been enemies with the cerburi but have never interacted with earth or the scions.
The Cerberi are only hostile to humanity because we nuked Core, which is essentially their "home". They're a defense system; they exist to protect it. Everything they do is a means to that end.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I dont believe the cerberi were ever on CORE. It doesn't make sense. The Cerberi are an ancient enemy of the Hadeans, a new "fury" living biometal sentient hive race. We only ever encountered them in FE AFTER we left our solar system, in the Hadean's system.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Iirc the Scions 'found' Core, meaning it was build by yet an other race.
If not, and the Scions did build Core, they could do it again ... :mrgreen:
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

they remind me of ISIS: barbaric, heartless, absorbing or destroying all in their path, the enemy of humanity.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

FE is explicit about this, GBD. We've gone over this in the Community Project discussions before more than once. The Cerberi are the spawn of the Core Computer, which was lost after it ejected during the Night of Infamy. The Hadeans found it and built their own version of the Cerberi from it, which the Core Computer (AKA the Mother-God) slowly began to regain control over. It used the Hadeans to get near Core, then broke free of their control.

Further discussion with Avatar and Slaor (re: Uncle Avatar's Storytime and FE, the two cornerstones of every expanded-universe story since) revealed that the Dark Planet is the same biometaloid which attacked Icarus, having been alchemated and later thrown to the edge of the solar system by Icarus' destruction. The Cerberi are a pacified form of the Titans - so your point about them being ancient enemies is almost correct.
Last edited by Ded10c on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

General BlackDragon wrote:I dont believe the cerberi were ever on CORE. It doesn't make sense. The Cerberi are an ancient enemy of the Hadeans, a new "fury" living biometal sentient hive race. We only ever encountered them in FE AFTER we left our solar system, in the Hadean's system.
The Cereberi are the creations of the Cerberus AI at home in Dark Core after the scions moved it from Old Core. It went insane after it got nuked.

Expanding on the narrative that the dark planet is the biometaloid that attacked the cthonians means that the cerberi are the other side of the fury coin, the creation of a stabilized core under the direction of a core ai rather than an animal commune.
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

I'll be looking forward to releasing this mod soon. Got a few things left to do. Not long now!

AI_Unit was here.
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

Working on missions now, trying to plan out a good story line. Waiting on my voice actors to send me files, will be adding more screenshots soon.

Updates:
- 5 Complete missions
- Cerberi Fixes
- 4 way MPI added (With help from GBD)
- Maps are no longer game mode specific (Apart from deathmatch and FFA) Strategy and MPI DLL's have been merged and can be changed through the shell.
- New survival maps
- New weapons

AI_Unit was here.
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

I'll try and record the VOs tomorrow for you.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/