Greenheart Variant AIP's

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Greenheart Variant AIP's

Post by Red Devil »

will post a test ISDF AIP here soon.

you've all used the GH ships to fight the AI - now see what it's like to fight them.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Zero Angel
Attila

Re: Greenheart Variant Unit AIP's

Post by Zero Angel »

you monster...
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Oooo, squads of heavy sabre's with dual SP :D

should be fun to fight
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Trust me, give them blast ... :twisted:
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Red Spot wrote:Trust me, give them blast ... :twisted:
I actually modified the DLL in my personal mod that, whilist didn't include GH's ships, did give Sabre's blast, as well as Assault Tanks having blast as well... definitely improved the AI's damage capability, but agreed, give them blast, the AI's units don't last long enough to do any damage with SP
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Well, I would not give all Atanks blast. But some walkers with SP and the majority of tanks with blast does make 'fieldwork' much more intens without compromissing 'overall ability' of the AI.
(A group of blast sabres will pretty much waste their ammo while taking out an extractor, so the AIP's need to be carefully made with that in mind.)
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Blast Asstanks would be powerful against any kind of armor. They're used in human-strats a lot to be the lynchpin of a serviced assault (or provide support to the human-piloted blast tanks) because they can pretty much deal damage to anything at long range and with high accuracy.

That said, I don't think they'd be as fun to fight in an MPI game because they don't really have weaknesses like the walkers do, and AI usually gets enough scrap cheat to crank out several of them effortlessly.
Regulators
Earn your keep
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i modified a heavy sabre 2 to use uber sp-stab (shotdelay of 0.1, shotspeed of 1e3, 10000 damage) for helping test the pathing bug with commando awhile back and was using that for just my own craft, then decided to try dual combat blast last week and it was fun: 1-shot kills on scouts and trucks, 3-shot kills on pretty much everything else, but that's all the ammo you have, so may need to make some AI-only ships with an ammo boost.

the stock weapons seem weak (except for the one that has slug, and the dual mortars on the heavy jackals, the heavy avenger, and the interceptor), but the dll won't give them sp-stab due to it looking for 'ivtank' and 'fvtank', so i may need to resort to powerup building.

i debugged for 12 hours yesterday until i found some typo's that were staring at me, plus some other things...
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Could one just not make a version that came with SP-Stab or Blast by default and have the AIP build it? I mean it goes outside the scope of making 'only AIPs', but it would be fairly easy to isolate the assets to a single folder and then have it use inheritence for future compatibility.
Regulators
Earn your keep
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Zero Angel wrote:Could one just not make a version that came with SP-Stab or Blast by default and have the AIP build it? I mean it goes outside the scope of making 'only AIPs', but it would be fairly easy to isolate the assets to a single folder and then have it use inheritence for future compatibility.
One could do that yes, might as well if you're going to be having them build unique AI-only units that have ammo/health and other modifications
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

well, i've had to do that with some assets already and i need to make the AI-only ones, so i'll be tweaking the weapons as i go.

one interesting thing i found was that the limitclass settings jack up the AIP's, with very little to go on except it just saying that the unit was built, but it immediately...died or one became totally unresponsive.
Abraham Lincoln

DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Red Devil wrote:well, i've had to do that with some assets already and i need to make the AI-only ones, so i'll be tweaking the weapons as i go.

one interesting thing i found was that the limitclass settings jack up the AIP's, with very little to go on except it just saying that the unit was built, but it immediately...died or one became totally unresponsive.
Interesting.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

That's isn't fun...
Fun AIPs (and games / mods in general) present a balanced yet difficult challenge, not bullshit firepower. Even Mega Statues are heavily nurfed in stock for this reason. If a mega tower had stock weapons it would be nigh on unbeatable.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

well, i should say that it respects/honors the limitclass setting.
Abraham Lincoln

DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Nielk1 wrote:That's isn't fun...
Fun AIPs (and games / mods in general) present a balanced yet difficult challenge, not bullshit firepower. Even Mega Statues are heavily nurfed in stock for this reason. If a mega tower had stock weapons it would be nigh on unbeatable.
While I agree, I'm not quite sure if mega towers used stock weapons they would be harder... but you guys have been modding this game much longer than I have so :P