MPI Map Conversions

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

MPI Map Conversions

Post by Red Devil »

i have about 200 of them with all of the path points added and point to the mpi dll; just need to move the path points around.

putting links to them here as i finish them:

i finished a few more today:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/987 ... MPIMaps.7z

just unzip it so that you wind up with this structure:

maps13\Missions\Multiplayer\MPI\mapfolders
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

MPI Map Conversions

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

Red Devil wrote:i have about 200 of them with all of the path points added and point to the mpi dll; just need to move the path points around.
Well 200 might be a bit much but adding some MPI maps for players might be good.
Red Devil
Recycler

MPI Map Conversions

Post by Red Devil »

i should probably just post them and ask everyone to split them up and move the path points; less tedium for me and better minds to place them.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Spot
Attila

MPI Map Conversions

Post by Red Spot »

The problem with that is that you 'need' to know exactly what it is used for and possibly even in what context. I've seen the G66 1.5(?) sourcecode and that was already enough to allow people who dont know the ins and outs to F-up. Afaik you've added a whole lot since that.
Red Devil
Recycler

MPI Map Conversions

Post by Red Devil »

no, these are stock maps pointing to the stock mpinstant.dll. i wouldn't even think about adding all the g66 path points.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

MPI Map Conversions

Post by Red Devil »

anyone have a preference which map/maps i convert to mpi?
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

MPI Map Conversions

Post by Red Devil »

Made this a separate topic for converting maps to MPI.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: MPI Map Conversions

Post by MrTwosheds »

Might be worth putting a link to the uncompleted maps, so interested people can have a go themselves at placing pathpoints and testing the map. Ill do a few if you want.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

considered that a few days ago, but then thought that it might be better to have one source point to avoid overlaying each others' work or having multiple versions out there. dunno. :?
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Its quite unlikely that you will get many submissions. Let people dl the maps with points but leave it up to them as to how to get them back to you once they positioned them and hopefully given each map a test. That way your still in control of the versions.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Let people post what map they are going to edit. It is unlikelly you'll get a lot of people working on them, still it would be a waste of time if 2 start editing the same map.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i'm just going to post zips of what i do and then people can test them and point out problems, make suggestions, etc.; less irons in the fire and all that (i suck at multi-tasking). oh, heck, i'll just send you some, mts.

about have 9-cells "finished" now. i'm making the free-for-all maps so that the human starting base spawn point is randomized to add some variety to it.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Adding path points like stage_4 stage_5 etc does not cause any problems as far as I remember?
Enemy_unit path points can be added too?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

there's a max of 32 stage points now. any break in sequence and it skips the following stage points.

the mpi dll only builds units on the mpic/mpiC, mpih/mpiH path points and these (depending on Scrap cheat setting, which combines enemy unit starting levels, too). looks like i may have forgotten to add the SentryEnemy# path points.

turretEnemy1
turretEnemy2

gtow2
gtow3
SentryEnemy1
SentryEnemy2
gtow4
gtow5
tankEnemy1
tankEnemy2
tankEnemy3
TankEnemy3
SentryEnemy3
ScavengerEnemy
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

seems i have stage1..stage8 in the original test map, but didn't copy them over to the other maps, but most of them are so small that they don't really need more than 3.

you'll see IA path points in there, too, but that was for the sake of ease; they'll be ignored by the mpi dll. i converted all the same strat maps to IA, too, so it's really about 100 IA maps and 100 MPI maps.

just finished MPI: Ancient and MPI: Amino and MPI: Big Hi-Lo, so i'll post a zip that contains them and the previous ones soon. they're prrobably not perfect, but that's just part of the process.
Abraham Lincoln