La Fae (Warning: Many Images)

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Clavin12
Bull Dog

Re: La Fae (Warning: Many Images)

Post by Clavin12 »

I believe he was concerned with the name not the base concept.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

AHadley wrote:
Zax wrote:
Clavin12 wrote:I had an idea. What if, instead of having all these buildings there was only one main building that would act as the recycler, factory, training facility, maybe armory, and tech center as you upgraded it. It might also have a few turrets. The only other buildings would be the extractor and the gun towers. You could call this the Shee.
John Luckyfoot was going to have his race be called the Shree, so beware.
His surname is Snyder, Luckyfoot is just a username AFAIK.
I know this very well TYVM
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Would anybody be willing to do any amount of importing, if only converting to xsi's, for me?
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Here is a concept for the all-in-one building, the Sidhe. It would start out as just the seed pod like thing I posted earlier, then the various parts would be added on as it was upgraded. It is comprised entirely of parts taken from other models. The only problem is it's 22,000 polys
at 2 levels of subsurf.
Feenix

Post by Feenix »

Clavin12 wrote:Would anybody be willing to do any amount of importing, if only converting to xsi's, for me?
I should be able to help you convert models to XSI if needed. Also, in regards to the test_craft.xsi model There are several issues thhat are wrong with it. The model does not appear to have any textures coordinates; this has caused me problems in the past on some of my models. Additionally, the parts naming of several parts is not correct as well. Look at a stock model to see the typical parts naming and use that information to correct the following: hp_comm, hp_gun, hp_cannon; usually these parts have a _plus number.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

test_craft.xsi?
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Check this out: Image
Slaor
Drunken Scav

Post by Slaor »

Beware the Space hippies! Cool stuff, when you do texes make em leafy and woody looking like a dryad race. BZ2 needs some little green aliens. For that kinda stuff try cgtextures.com for some good photographic stock, it's hard to paint.

The BZ2 particle engine dials can easily be tuned to "spells"...
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Thanks for the reply Slaor. Keep in mind that they are Fairy based as in Celtic and not Roman mythologically based, all though I did use the goat/bull horns as a motif.

If you're seeing this thread please go here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=309 I don't want to use this thread anymore. Suppose it could be locked? I'm going to get rid of the pictures.