La Fae (Warning: Many Images)

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: La Fae (Warning: Many Images)

Post by Nielk1 »

However: do let people tell you of the technical limitations of doing what you want to do. So you know what to work around.
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

I like the Ogre model.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I plan to incorporate texture elements such as this for my textures. This represents the basic texture style. Of course the actualy textures will be cleaner, deeper, and more detailed, as well as incorporating ambient occlusion and shadow bakes.

EDIT: I just thought of using inkscape rather than gimp for the curves. T'will be much cleaner. However I will touch them up in gimp with the tablet because I still want a little bit of that hand drawn look. Makes it more organic.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I have made a recycler. A decisive leap in the creation of any race. Here it is.
And here it is deployed.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Looks neat.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Thats quite cool, although I wouldn't like to be the one doing a seamless texture for that :P

I've just been graced with a copy of zBrush 4.0, I'm hoping sooner or later ill put some effort into figuring out how to use it and learn how to texture seamlessly directly onto models, so the program does all the UV-ing for me... import into max, export into BZ2. Thats in theory... Might make race pilots a little easier too.

If I ever figure out how to do it well, I dont mind having a crack at these. The other thing is, Youll probably have to vertex animate all of these, which will be a royal pain in the nads unless we somehow get the exporter fixed. Unless... there is a plugin around that exports envelope data in a text-style format.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I was just thinking about UVs myself. I can probably manage, but if you ever get good at Zbrush I'd be glad to give you a crack at it. Blender has a smart-unwrap option that can probably do it. Besides the point all the recycler really has to do is open. The default build animation will take care of the rest. Hey, is it possible to change build animations for one race only?
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Here is a very basic scout, reminiscent of the golden snitch. This will be the starting vehicle for the race. Don't worry about the simplicity, the texture will make it somewhat more complex. Not that you would sweat much over the fact that a ship I designed was simple. This ship will have a cannon and a special, or maybe a rocket depending on how the weapons work out.

Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Clavin12 wrote:Hey, is it possible to change build animations for one race only?
They're actually an effect (described in sparker.odf). Modify sparker.odf and you modify the effect.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Ok. I remembered that scions have different build animations than the isdf. Do they have individual sparker.odf files?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

should be isparker and fsparker if i remember correctly.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Cool, I'll take a look at it. It's in data.pak right? BTW congrats on making the 100th post. It seems like this is the first thread to reach 100, other than the culled FE posts thread, which hardly counts.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Actually, you made the 100th and that is the 101st. :P
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Oh.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I seem to have hit a bit of modeler's block in regard to the factory. Any suggestions?