what was that agen? RV BA problems

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

what was that agen? RV BA problems

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

I have vista and can not rember the comand that I need to add at the end of the Shortcut to stop it form saving things in all the wrong places.
it was on BZU but well.......thats hard to read right now. :lol:

I think this is the poblem with my test games but there is only one way to find out.
I keep getting BA joinning a surver that has the same addon and assets as I do.

thos of you that know what els could go wrong with a RV post it I will test that next.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Re: what was that agen? RV BA problems

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

wow 2 days with no posts.
I would have thought I get at least one by now even if it was a I don't know.
I am looking for a command line to add to the end of a bzone.exe Shortcut so that it will save data in the root folder in stead of were ever the heck it saves to now.
this is once agen on a vista computer.
and this is one of the things I need to test if its the porblem or not.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

That info is in the readme13.rtf file, included with your BZ2 install.

And, it is NOT recommended to do that. On Vista/Win7, look for the changed files under $MyDocs/My Games/Battlezone II/ . That's the right way to do things. Putting files in the same directory as bzone.exe will usually cause *more* problems on Vista/Win7. Sorry, but $MyDocs is the way to go these days.

-- GSH
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

tank you for your help GSH!
I still will try adding it and see if that fixs things if it dose I cut out the rebuild plan and move to final tests and such.
I am working on a Rec Verent near the MP stage problem is so far a BA mess between a vista and a windows XP computer I have on hand.
I am Hoping that this will make both save in the same place and couse less problems.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Bad assets are usually caused by files being different on the respective machines in MP. Note that your .msh files count in that. You should be making sure you copy the .msh files to the destination machine, and not the .xsi files. That's how 1.3 has done it for many 1.3pb# builds -- the .msh files go to end users; the .xsi files are separated off and only go to those terminally interested. If the .msh file is older than the .xsi, it'll force rebuild it, which might end up with slightly different results on different machines. If there's no .xsi, then the .msh never needs rebuilding.

-- GSH
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

GSH wrote:Bad assets are usually caused by files being different on the respective machines in MP. Note that your .msh files count in that. You should be making sure you copy the .msh files to the destination machine, and not the .xsi files. That's how 1.3 has done it for many 1.3pb# builds -- the .msh files go to end users; the .xsi files are separated off and only go to those terminally interested. If the .msh file is older than the .xsi, it'll force rebuild it, which might end up with slightly different results on different machines. If there's no .xsi, then the .msh never needs rebuilding.

-- GSH
thank you agen I did not know it would force it to rebuild the .msh like that I thought it built it then just looked for the .msh first the next time it loaded the model.
I mite have that done some time saturday night.