Alliances and Diplomacy in BZ2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

jungleetoofan
Scrap

Alliances and Diplomacy in BZ2

Post by jungleetoofan »

hi

Is there any way to implement alliances/diplomacy in BZ2? Right now as it stands there can only be 2 teams with one commander each and the rest being pilots. The maps with 4 commanders are free for all with no pilots. But with alliances It will be cool to have 4 commander maps where people can play 2v2.

Any ideas on how it can be done?
PowerB
Rattler

Re: Alliances and Diplomacy in BZ2

Post by PowerB »

Right Here:

Its in the second page of 'Map Options'.
jungleetoofan
Scrap

Post by jungleetoofan »

thanks PowerB....although I couldn't see the image you posted (all I see is a frog in an ice cube!).....but I found it in the second page of Map Options as you pointed out.

One more question...are there any 8 player maps available?....with 4 commanders and 4 pilots?
Iron Maiden
Sabre

Post by Iron Maiden »

A few, put they are not played much.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Ground Zero happens to be one of those maps. They are big and support up to 4 commanders in a FFA. But as IM stated, they are very few and far between. It'd also be hard to coordinate so many players to one game as it is now. But if possible, they would definitely help with testing out 5+ players in a game.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

True Alliance setings would let you change your team at will and would be fine in MP if some limits are put on it so it is not made in to a cheat. I think with some dll work it could be done mosty becouse there is the stock code "bzsteath" that swichs you to team 0.

but for now this is one of those things that I think could have ben done last pach but has not ben.