Anaglyph 3D...

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

PowerB
Rattler

Anaglyph 3D...

Post by PowerB »

So, I think that It'd be a new and different experience to play BattleZone in 3D (as in Blue - Red, Cyan - Red, etc). I'm just wondering if its just a simple texture edit (I doubt it...) or if a .dll has to be written.

Any assistance would be great :D
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Anaglyph 3D...

Post by Nielk1 »

What this would be is a modification at the driver or directX level. I think ENBSeries allows for this, it being a drop in replacement for d3d9.dll . Many 'wall hacks' for other games work the same way.

I have seen this done, the anaglyph, however the depth on the 3d cockpit is way out of wack compared to the rest of the game. It acts like it is in the vast distance with both the right and left being greatly separated. I know this because someone posted an image as such and talked about it some time in the past of BZU.
PowerB
Rattler

Post by PowerB »

Nielk1 wrote: I have seen this done, the anaglyph, however the depth on the 3d cockpit is way out of wack compared to the rest of the game. It acts like it is in the vast distance with both the right and left being greatly separated. I know this because someone posted an image as such and talked about it some time in the past of BZU.
Well, that would ruin the point of the anaglyph then, I suppose.

Thanks for answering! :D
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I refer only to the 3D cockpit, most people don't turn that on anyway.
PowerB
Rattler

Post by PowerB »

Nielk1 wrote:I refer only to the 3D cockpit, most people don't turn that on anyway.
Well, the next question would be, how would I go about editing BattleZone's DirectX .dll? Isn't it closed source? I looked at the ENB Series but I couldn't find anything to do with anaglyph (then again, I'm half asleep. I'll take a better look tomorrow.)
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Nielk1 wrote: I have seen this done, the anaglyph, however the depth on the 3d cockpit is way out of wack compared to the rest of the game. It acts like it is in the vast distance with both the right and left being greatly separated. I know this because someone posted an image as such and talked about it some time in the past of BZU.
Is this by design? I really hate it... I can get first-person views of weapons and cockpits looking great in 3DS Max, but then slip them into game and they look nothing alike. It stretches the geometry almost. Its horrid...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

PowerB wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:I refer only to the 3D cockpit, most people don't turn that on anyway.
Well, the next question would be, how would I go about editing BattleZone's DirectX .dll? Isn't it closed source? I looked at the ENB Series but I couldn't find anything to do with anaglyph (then again, I'm half asleep. I'll take a better look tomorrow.)
Look for a pre-edited one such as the ENBSeries.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

He already said that he looked at that one and couldn't find anything.
PowerB
Rattler

Post by PowerB »

Assuming this is the site, I downloaded almost each one, but couldn't find anything. In a search for "d3d9.dll anaglyph" I didn't see anything exciting either.

EDIT:

Look what I have here!
This IS an ingame image! I found a program, 'iZ3D', which allows DirectX games to use Anaglyph! :D
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

TheJamsh wrote:
Is this by design? I really hate it... I can get first-person views of weapons and cockpits looking great in 3DS Max, but then slip them into game and they look nothing alike. It stretches the geometry almost. Its horrid...
That's the low FOV. The game assets and view is made to be 4:3. Higher resolution does not increase FOV, it just stretches the display to 16:9.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

PowerB wrote: This IS an ingame image! I found a program, 'iZ3D', which allows DirectX games to use Anaglyph! :D
How's it look with the glasses?
PowerB
Rattler

Post by PowerB »

VSMIT wrote:
PowerB wrote: This IS an ingame image! I found a program, 'iZ3D', which allows DirectX games to use Anaglyph! :D
Well, I can't find my glasses at the moment, but as soon as I find them, i'll post the results.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

PowerB wrote:
VSMIT wrote:
Well, I can't find my glasses at the moment, but as soon as I find them, i'll post the results.
*Facepalm*
PowerB
Rattler

Post by PowerB »

Well, I can't get it working. I think it must be my glasses though, because not even youtube 3D works with them...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

What kind of glasses do you have and where did you get them? Sometimes the lenses are the wrong way around - thats the problem with a pair I have.

I'm not going to bother making sure they're not polarised ones, you're not stupid :P

Iz3D looks good, I'm planning on using it with my computer once the rest of my monitors arrive.