[VIDEO!] Expansion Pack - DM: River Flythrough

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

[VIDEO!] Expansion Pack - DM: River Flythrough

Post by TheJamsh »

A flythrough of the deathmatch map 'River'. This map was originally created for N1's reactor wars mode, but seeing as thats a long way away in the future I adapted the map for DM so people could still enjoy it.

Watch in 720p for the best viewing. Everything you see is happening in-game in realtime, including the ambient SFX, and the explosive crates flowing downstream (be sure to check those out!). This was one of the first maps I ever actually 'finished', so I'm pretty pleased it turned out the way it did.

(Tip for mappers: Ambient sound effects & particles really make maps come to life!)

Enjoy & give feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idAOM8rN8a8
Zero Angel
Attila

Re: [VIDEO!] Expansion Pack - DM: River Flythrough

Post by Zero Angel »

Looks interesting. A little bit on the FRICKEN HUGE side though. I'm sure it will be fun to play on, especially with a lot of players.

Does it use bigger grid sizes to get the view distance so long?
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

The view distance actually isn't as large as it seems, I think its around 450 meters. I think it looks a little larger than life because the textures are so detailed and larger sizes.

Its the same grid size as regular BZ2, its the same size map base as canyons if im not mistaken (4096*4096?). The main aim was to improve the visuals/interactivity of the maps, especially in DM where the gametype can get dull after a while. I can sit and blow those exploding crates up all day long though as they cruise downstream... And the UT-inspired jumppads are particularly fun!

As I said, originally the map was designed for N1's reactor wars mode, but thats taken a lot longer than I originally expected. I still wanted people to play the map outside of RW though, and felt like DM served the purpose best, But I can't help but think that a CTF/RACE version is in order as well...
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

That looks great. Very good work.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Do not forget to credit me for the tunnels.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Nielk1 wrote:Do not forget to credit me for the tunnels.
WHERE'S MY CREDIT? IWANTNOW!!!

totally awesome vid btw, just about fell off my chair...
eli
Drunken Scav

Post by eli »

wow awesome looking map.