[DOWNLOAD!] Unofficial Expansion Pack Public Beta Released!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: [DOWNLOAD!] Unofficial Expansion Pack Public Beta Releas

Post by MrTwosheds »

Bad Idea , the sky,wat ,ter, odf are all in the .pak and may still conflict with other assets.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Congrats, TJ, you've successfully released a broken mod.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

VSMIT wrote:Congrats, TJ, you've successfully released a broken mod.
:D
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Zero Angel wrote:If you're going to be furiously busy, then hand the reins of the project off to Neilk1 and let him have a go at shining it up. The bad assets issue is kind of a big one. For now i'm just advising everyone delete ST* maps out of their UEPPreRelease/maps13 folder.
Senior year stars in 1 week for me. This includes major major major workload. It is the end of a 5 year college program. Also, the whole point of my working WITH people on things was the spread the load. No matter what TJ might say I never wanted, and I still do not want, control of the UEP. It might be a good idea however to rebanner it a bit to cut his ego a bit. Lets say, the UEP contains "TJ's Addon Pack" along with other content and not that it IS the addon pack. Though my early attempts at keeping its parts semi sepreate were smashed by people who wanted to develop using the assets of all rather than wait for a package hierarchy.

Basicly, I was prevented from doing what would have prevented these issues, and I no longer wish to have this project at the head of my list, let alone, under my control in any way what-so-ever (which I BTW have never wanted, it would defeat the entire purpose).

With the UEP I would not even know where to start because of the horrible cross dependent mess it became. It was supposed to have beautiful linux style package dependencies which was why other mods would be easily able to use its parts. That didn't happen because a simple '@rootdir\UEP_Modules\AnimalPack\addon' was too confusing for TJ.

My time is so limited, I am posting this from work, in IE, without even the ability or time to check my typos.

So, unequivocally, no. TJ probably would refuse me any access to his modified development assets anyway.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I do believe that was the point.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Clavin12 wrote:
I do believe that was the point.
Doubtful.
jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Post by jaydenbz2 »

Ok people, I am not letting this be an end to so much hard work (it takes alot to make something but only a little bit to break something), like this for instance, I ask you James and N1, just co-operate, you see the current situation is bleak. I believe that the most important mod that needs to be released is the 1.3 CP, But wait, is it only me and Nielk1 who have produced usable assets???

Short answer, yes. I don't intend to be rude but the situation is not good, I mean FE had many people work on it, but inreality I am the only one recently who has the time and/or willingness to make assets for the CP, so please, ANYONE WITH DECENT MODDING ABILITY please join the 1.3 CP Development team.

Regarding the UEP, It would have been beneficial for you to send me the maps for touchups, and the actual mod andaips could have used significant testing, so please, if another release is planned allow others to work on it.

Jayden.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

The maps are fine, and we can't change the majority of them. Mine are touched up enough I think ;) The Mod had loads of testing, just that nobody was really that interested, and its too small of a community to do it well enough.

The 1.3 CP never really interested me, thats been in dev for a couple of years now at least hasn't it? I would get more involved but there needs to be something to work from first, and there is nothing atm. The CP would have to be totally re-inventing BZ for me to take much interest in it, as it stands all I know it does is add a race or two and a storyline that everybody was able to agree on (no idea what its about), and even the race assets arn't completed yet are they?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

To expect TJ to invest any time in something like a CP is just kidding yourself.

Also, again TJ, the first CP was done with a small team than everyone seems to think. Apparently no one reads the credits. Drop the credits for submissions of things like fauna and other 1 offs for certain maps and you end up with like 4 or 5 core people.

If you want to look at CP2 development in staff months, I would say we spent about 0.5 so far. That is pretty far from 'couple of years' worth of development. When I should have been working on the CP2 I was working on the UEP, and you just said '**** all' to that, so thanks for that.

Sadly, no one story was ever agreed on, so in retrospect the best method is to create a central team that handles that. I have something written here, but knowing how you react whenever some ideas come from someone else, you wouldn't be able to handle that and would probably run around calling it Nielk1's Mod or something.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Hence my not getting involved.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Speaking of the CP, any updates? I ask because there is no board on this site for it and I am curious to see how it is comign along as I am sure other people are.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Iron_Maiden wrote:Speaking of the CP, any updates? I ask because there is no board on this site for it and I am curious to see how it is comign along as I am sure other people are.
Seeing my 0.5 man/staff month note, there isn't MUCH done. Jayden has far more energy than I do too...
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Nonetheless, perhaps we shoudl establisha board here so more people can get involved?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I should add that the CP2 storyline currently plugs so many plot holes and fills so many gaps that it more than rivals 1.3. I'm proud to have had N1 bounce his ideas off me.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

The fall of BZU pretty much killed what little development there was.

I know that it is going on in some remote section of the internet, or maybe I'm delusional.

I tried kicking ideas around for story at the time, along with mission script, but it was in a vain attempt to spur interest. I think dev might kick up a little bit if it were brought back here, since this board by far receives the most bz related traffic of them all.

The heavy hitter in the bz modding scene is knees deep in his own projects right now (bbb) but those also have the highest chance of success with success being defined as a good stable release. The potential heavy hitter in Nielk is balls deep in life and that should always take priority over everything. In short, the potential core group is preoccupied. I never really had anything to offer them other than my thoughts, which could be taken or left. I do like the VTOL physics I odf'd though :)