No votes
I Wish I Was As Awesome As You
No votes

Total votes: 11

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Misrak, Model, Texture & Animation!

Post by Nielk1 »

TheJamsh wrote:Just tried the first idea, doesn't work, and looks TERRIBLE on the outside of the pilot because the weapon goes back so far. Weapon recoils arn't really the best for something on this scale.

I doubt even a .dll could make this work as such, i.e. freeze all cockpit animations while the weapon is firing and trigger that one only. Cockpit anims are done via the weapon though, not the pilot.
Use a bone and then attach all the vertexes of the part you want to recoil to the bone. Use a weight of 50%. You will get 50% recoil movement. I have a unit that does this for additive recoil between 2 barrels that sit on 1 recoil pad.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Well what i did is just use recoilName = "hp_dock_1" on the pilot, and on the outside the weapon moved just fine (looked hilarious but worked).

Didn't think about using a bone and bone weight. Bones etc are all new to me, just starting to look at them. Shame it doesn't work on the cockpit model though... hmm.

I wonder, can you get recoils to move objects in specific ways? For example if i want the weapon part to recoil but start to look up a bit with some sort of clever heirachy and pivot movement?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

It might not work correctly with an HP only :|