A little something extra...

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Re: A little something extra...

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Apollo wrote:My empirical view is seeing you quit games at the slightest bit of lag while any 3 people can't do splash damage on you and you want us to increase the network data just so you can see the whole map.
You're kinda revealing a dichotomy here.

True, I have little patience for lag nowadays. So yes, the result is I tend to shy away euro players who freely admit they are using wireless, aussie players, and those with free 56k, etc. However, on the flip side, if I find the player's loss and lag playable, but they have issue with me, I am always willing to make a game and empirically test splash, or any damage. But when actual testing in-game is mentioned, interest in actual testing ceases and the complaints veer to something else like 'smoke chaser, asser, etc.

And again, you're exaggerating as to draw distance. I have never suggested seeing an entire map.

But at this time in the life of the game, all this is moot.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

is there a ping limit setting so that players who have high ping get booted?
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I tested the draw distance, idk about Nvidia but i confirmed it on ATI long ago.
The bottom of colli. is 650 meters accross, the draw distance @ a setting of 300 in cfg x 250 from the trn is 750 meters on the Z axis so that is pretty much the whole map. If you want to talk from end to end it's about 1150 meters for colli. (that's if you wait up there to spot smoke ;) )

Yes RD, in 1.5.1.
(note to Beaconboy, autokick is unlike 1.4)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:
Apollo wrote:My empirical view is seeing you quit games at the slightest bit of lag while any 3 people can't do splash damage on you and you want us to increase the network data just so you can see the whole map.
But at this time in the life of the game, all this is moot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yw1Tgj9-VU