OBSOLETE: installing TRO Content

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ultraken
Patch Creator

OBSOLETE: installing TRO Content

Post by Ultraken »

The new All-In-One Asset Pack (2012-07-03) makes this uneccessary.

---

This is a work in progress and subject to change. It has some side effects that I need to fix. There's also a very high chance of it causing mission version mismatches with players who don't have this installed. Try at your own risk.

First off, you'll need an install of The Red Odyssey.

From RO root folder:
* Create BZ addon\odyssey
* Copy odyssey.zfs, odyhw16.zfs, and odyhw16l.zfs to BZ addon\odyssey
* Side effects:
- Changes the single player shell background
- Screws up the NSDF Grizzy model the way the official 1.4 patch does

From RO addon folder:
* Back up or rename sprite8.stb and spritea.stb in BZ addon
* Copy sprite8.stb and spritea.stb to BZ addon

From RO anims folder:
* Copy all AVI files to BZ anims
- Skip existing files but replacing them doesn't hurt anything

From VideoVenture.org:
* Copy netveh1.odf to BZ addon
teepean
Scrap

Re: WIP: installing TRO Content

Post by teepean »

I copied the data from TRO CD and cannot get TRO campaign to work. I checked with Procmon that the TRO files are actually loaded but game starts normally and I can select only BZ1 campaigns.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The campaign isn't supposed to work as far as I'm aware.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

ken, i'm unsure how to run tro using this.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

This does not allow you to play TRO, this adds the TRO races to MP.
ZoD
Scrap

Re: Version 1.5.1.14

Post by ZoD »

I was playing on Spock's server tonight and something strange happened. Maybe I don't understand what's been done with the latest code changes. I entered a game that said "unknown" for the map name in the launch screen. Before I entered, I noticed that 2 players were using Scarlet Gits. I looked at the tanks available and it looked that in addition to the normal colli unit selection, the following were also available: naga, phoenix, unix, weasel, adder, chancellor, Chinese pilot, crimson bastard, dragon, emporer [spelled wrong], mongo, mongoose, and a couple others. No flyers as I recollect.

I remembered these units, a lot of them anyway, from BZE. I was never a TRO player, so was there some sort integration between TRO and BZ 1.5? When I tried launching a colli game myself, none of these extra units were available.

So I don't know what's going on here. The game with the extra vehicles and weapons (rocket bombs, etc) seemed to be pretty popular with several of the <5 yr BZ/no BzE crowd. The kept leaving and trying out new vehicles.

So... what was I seeing there... anyone know? the spork troll wasn't in the game as far as I know (didn't check IPs) and I don't think spock was there either. He doesn't seem to show up much anymore.
teepean
Scrap

Post by teepean »

AHadley wrote:The campaign isn't supposed to work as far as I'm aware.
Ok thanks.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Version 1.5.1.14

Post by Nielk1 »

ZoD wrote:I was playing on Spock's server tonight and something strange happened. Maybe I don't understand what's been done with the latest code changes. I entered a game that said "unknown" for the map name in the launch screen. Before I entered, I noticed that 2 players were using Scarlet Gits. I looked at the tanks available and it looked that in addition to the normal colli unit selection, the following were also available: naga, phoenix, unix, weasel, adder, chancellor, Chinese pilot, crimson bastard, dragon, emporer [spelled wrong], mongo, mongoose, and a couple others. No flyers as I recollect.

I remembered these units, a lot of them anyway, from BZE. I was never a TRO player, so was there some sort integration between TRO and BZ 1.5? When I tried launching a colli game myself, none of these extra units were available.

So I don't know what's going on here. The game with the extra vehicles and weapons (rocket bombs, etc) seemed to be pretty popular with several of the <5 yr BZ/no BzE crowd. The kept leaving and trying out new vehicles.

So... what was I seeing there... anyone know? the spork troll wasn't in the game as far as I know (didn't check IPs) and I don't think spock was there either. He doesn't seem to show up much anymore.

They had the TRO content installed, you did not. Thus you could see they were using it but you could not properly join them.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Hi ZoD,
Spock should have his 1.5 installer setup with all the files needed.
http://www.battlezone1.net/downloads/installers/
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
ZoD
Scrap

Post by ZoD »

OK thanks. I could join the game, I guess because I'd used spock/spork's installer to update. I could also select the TRO vehicles to use in the OTHER GUY'S game. I didn't realize it was installing some TRO files too with the Spock/Spork installer. However, that doesn't appear to explain my inability to find the TRO vehicles on colli when I launched the game (in BZ 1.5), nor does it appear to explain the map title "unknown" when I joined the other guy's game. Maybe I need to install TRO on my PC for full functionality? They might have started the game in TRO and something about the 1.5 installer allows you to join TRO games from 1.5? I've checked my start menu and there is no launch button for TRO, so I don't believe it was installed on my machine. :?:
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

They probably manually entered the tro maps in the netmis.txt so for you it said unknown cause you didn't have it.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
ZoD
Scrap

Post by ZoD »

My experience is that if you don't have the map on your machine, you can't join the game. I'm still mystified.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Somebody mentioned the option to use the content being on a toggle to me somewhere. No idea if it's true or not, is that the case?
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

The "Any Nation" multiplayer option controls it. When the option is turned off (the default), the game uses the original netveh.odf and nation rules so Black Dog units get American pilots and Recycler like stock BZ1. When the option is turned on, the game uses the alternate netveh1.odf based on RO and BZ2-style nation rules so Black Dog units get Black Dog pilots and Recycler. It doesn't switch the RO content itself on and off but does a pretty good job of bypassing it.