Version 1.5.1.16 (2012-07-08)

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Re: Version 1.5.1.16 (2012-07-08)

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Yeah there are a number of "hackers" that frequent his board and his server and he hasn't got a clue.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

I haven't gotten caught up yet from my recent hiatus but I'm starting to dread what I'm going to find out when I do. It sounds like things are starting to catch on fire again.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

:D just ignore the neg-a-tive waves, man
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

EASE OFF THE CAPS, WILL YOU?

Aah, Golem... that the same BZ1 golem, the one who hangs around on Spock's server? I'll let somebody else clear up your misconceptions.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

He's just another Griefer.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Figured, spent enough time on Spock's forum to know which way is up.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

ZoD wrote:Don't bother trying to download these files and playing on Spock's server anymore. These files install with a different CRC than what is displayed on Spock's site. Spock/Spork has the modified update files under password somewhere on his forum, so if you can't get the CRC modified files, you don't play anymore.
It's possible that Ken's instructions were not clear enough, but in any case, the version of Battlezone we are playing is using Ken's package of updated assets. You probably forgot to clean out your addon folder as hinted here:
* Packaged as new ZIX and ZFS files to allow a clean addon folder
Deleting everything from addon except the Ogg Vorbis music pack should solve the problem. Now that you have a properly installed Battlezone, you'll realize that the Battlezone Community is not using anything different from what Ken posts at this forum and the old club forum. This latest build added Bzone151.zfs. This makes odyssey.zfs in addon and such obsolete. The suggestion to uninstall BZ and then re-install it using the installer from battlezone1.com will also have the same effect and is not confusing to those who don't prefer to actually muck around with BZ files. Uninstalling and re-installing has been the common routine for upgrading ever since an installer was made for Battlezone 1.5, so it's not anything new.
Last edited by Sporkinator on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GolemJR14

Post by GolemJR14 »

i guess they are used to be just install and play, ever since around 1.12 i had to reinstall so oh well.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Might want to fix that sig Spork, 'cause you're linking to warez.

Anybody intending to use the installer at said link will be needing this.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

AHadley wrote:Might want to fix that sig Spork, 'cause you're linking to warez.

Yes, indeed.

What I find amusing, is the request by some of the naive, that call for solidarity between the rag-tag few left playing, when you have these never-ending antics.

What many of the uninformed and ignorant don't understand, and will probably never grasp, is the improvement of BZ is only a small part of the agenda, complete control far surpasses the actual love of the game. Which is a hoot, since we're talking ...maybe... 20 people total.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

My post was in reply to ZoD's comment and any other similar comments suggesting that we're using custom assets with a different CRC:
ZoD wrote:Don't bother trying to download these files and playing on Spock's server anymore. These files install with a different CRC than what is displayed on Spock's site. Spock/Spork has the modified update files under password somewhere on his forum, so if you can't get the CRC modified files, you don't play anymore.
The previous post has been edited to clarify this.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Spork, if the sound files are not in the addon, does that effect the crc?

Also the fixed geo files in the addon should not be a crc issue but i haven't checked it.

Bz 1.5.1.X has backward compatibility issues with 1.4 and prior community mappacks and other works from the community. (including a restricted servers.dat file placed in the bz1.com installer)

As a reminder, distribution of the full game in such a manor is Warez. (I suggest you make a patch installer that works with the retail game install as you are not Activision and DO NOT have distribution rights)
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Bit of a hyprocrite there. For pages on end there is discussion about how his installer does A or does not so, but a link to his site would be 'a link to warez'.
You do realise that in the BZ2 area the same happens when people link to TS3 servers?
I hope you know how I tick and that I am not defending anything, just pointing something out.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:

Bit of a hyprocrite there. For pages on end there is discussion about how his installer does A or does not so, but a link to his site would be 'a link to warez'.
You do realise that in the BZ2 area the same happens when people link to TS3 servers?
I hope you know how I tick and that I am not defending anything, just pointing something out.
Talking about it, yes, but nobody ever actually links to it. Linking to it is against the forum rules (as, most likely, is talking about it, but everybody seems to ignore that).