Version 1.5.2.3 (2013-03-08): Scriptastic!

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ultraken
Patch Creator

Version 1.5.2.3 (2013-03-08): Scriptastic!

Post by Ultraken »

After last week's confusion with three different 1.5.2.2 builds, I think I have everything straightened out now. In particular, Howitzers should be aiming properly.

The big changes this time are Lua scripting in IA, DM, and ST missions and strategic AI that can manage a Construction Rig and base building (with limitations). These haven't been tested in a multiplayer environment but they're a major step towards user-created MPI maps.

Unofficial 1.5 Patch Hub with common files shared between versions
Version 1.5.2.3 Page with download link and build notes
Lua Script Utilities Reference documenting all the functions available to Lua mission scripts and updated with new script functions in 1.5.2.3.
Decoda, a professional-quality Lua integrated development environment and debugger released by the company behind Natural Selection 2.
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Version 1.5.2.3 (2013-03-08): Scriptastic!

Post by Red Devil »

this ability to script missions in Lua now is very nice :D thanks for leading us to Decoda, too 8-)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

There's still a lot of work left to get multiplayer working properly but a little Lua goes a long way towards making interesting single-player missions.

Decoda was the only Lua IDE and debugger I could find that didn't require intrusive changes. It definitely makes working with Lua a lot easier. :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

it certainly makes it a lot easier to see all your functions in one spot instead of having to do a lot of searching, plus the ease of testing them.

now if there were an updated AIP editor of Christian Lienen's, too 8-) 8-) i tried, but i do not have the powah. :(
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA