New Build (2011-09-21) - Quick Fix, part 2

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: New Build (2011-09-21) - Quick Fix, part 2

Post by General BlackDragon »

Ignoring the case above,

What if both teams are NSDF? or both CCA?

Duh. Mute point...
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

There's no reason why a weapon of your enemies laying around shouldn't be useable, as in RL.
But you wouldn't go into enemy territory and disassemble his buildings, you would use it, blow it up or ignore it.
Maybe the constructor would be better to capture the building, rather than recycle it. (just a thought)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Nope....

Things work like they work and have worked in all of BZ, ever.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Apollo wrote:
Josiah wrote:maybe it's just that the bz1 dev team was lazy:
:lol:

You avoided the question Josiah.
no, I was saying that to the best of my observation skills, the methods for construction and deconstruction are the same, for both the nsdf and cca. In saying that, I meant that if deconstruction did use a different method from construction, then it is not apparent in the game, and if it is not apparent in the game, then I figured either the dev team was lazy, or they ran out of time, OR, (I just thought of this), that maybe the story/plot people didn't communicate that to the people making the renders.

So, to the best of my argumentation skills, I was not avoiding the question...

(and don't discount what I'm saying just because I mixed past and present tense... ;))
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Apollo wrote:There's no reason why a weapon of your enemies laying around shouldn't be useable, as in RL.
But you wouldn't go into enemy territory and disassemble his buildings, you would use it, blow it up or ignore it.
Maybe the constructor would be better to capture the building, rather than recycle it. (just a thought)
well, I might be reading this wrong, but it seems as though you contradict yourself. You say that you would "use it, blow it up, or ignore it." Then you say "better to capture the building, rather than recycle it." Now this is just my opinion, but I think recycling falls under the "use it" category, as you are taking the biometal so you can "use it" to make your own vehicles/buildings/weapons/etc... As biometal is not avaliable in RL(yet), you are correct in saying that you wouldn't go into an enemy's territory and disassemble his buildings, because of the time and man power wasted, just for some scrap metal, a few electronics, some other misc resources, and maybe a few enemy plans or something, but nothing justifying all the effort put into the disassembly of it. However, in bz, it just takes one vehicle to deconstruct a building, and the resource gained far outweighs the time and man power put into it. I mean, we're talking biometal here; this stuff is hard to come by, being small and everything(looks for BFT's, er, PH's explanation of how difficult it is to gather the stuff, gives up cause of laziness).

So, I think the current way things are do make sense...

8-)
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

Fiction aside, the explosion when recycling another player's building is actually a bug. It's too risky to fix right now but I'll see what I can do about it once 1.5 is done.