Release Candidate 10 (2011-10-19)

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ultraken
Patch Creator

Release Candidate 10 (2011-10-19)

Post by Ultraken »

At last, the randomly-appearing objects are gone!

Downloads

Testing Executable and Symbols
Game Assets (updated 2011-10-13)

What's New

* Reduced chances of remote empty HoverCraft having the wrong position

* Fixed objects randomly appearing in multiplayer games

* Fixed shell chat failing when one player has 100% loss for a while

* Fixed the perpetually-increasing Pending count

* Fixed "Pending: 0" message

* Fixed a crash when a net player with an invalid team was deleted

* Fixed up some issues with airborne powerups colliding
- Ignore collisions with other airborne powerups
- Cancel airborne state if it does collides with something
Josiah
Sabre

Re: Release Candidate 10 (2011-10-19)

Post by Josiah »

hey, I know that you're trying to wind it down and release this, but I have a question: how hard would it be to set up bz to play music from addon instead of off the cd? I just installed 1.5 today, and had to bust out my bz cd to listen to the music...

This probably won't happen for this patch, but maybe, later, it can be done...

EDIT:oh, I was playing through the first soviet mission, and when the guy said "as we anticipated, the american recycler is fleeing; finish..." the recycler did not turn around, but instead marched straight past me into my base, or as far as it could until I blew it up...
SnakeEye
Rattler

Post by SnakeEye »

a minor problem; if somebody types something when you joined the game you see the text in black color.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

Josiah wrote:hey, I know that you're trying to wind it down and release this, but I have a question: how hard would it be to set up bz to play music from addon instead of off the cd? I just installed 1.5 today, and had to bust out my bz cd to listen to the music...
Reading files from the hard drive instead of disc would take some major changes. In the meantime, you can mount a disc image using a virtual drive like MagicDisc. (That's how I do it.)
Josiah wrote:EDIT:oh, I was playing through the first soviet mission, and when the guy said "as we anticipated, the american recycler is fleeing; finish..." the recycler did not turn around, but instead marched straight past me into my base, or as far as it could until I blew it up...
I'll take a look to see if that has changed since I last checked. There's a point where it will try to rush through your defensive line but I think it plays a different VO message when that happens.
SnakeEye wrote:a minor problem; if somebody types something when you joined the game you see the text in black color.
There's a short interval where the player's teams haven't been fully synchronized, which you can tell by looking at the score display. It usually settles down after a second or two. In the meantime, chat messages will be assigned the wrong colors.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Ultraken wrote:[Reading files from the hard drive instead of disc would take some major changes. In the meantime, you can mount a disc image using a virtual drive like MagicDisc. (That's how I do it.)
I tried playing the tracks from a mounted cd on drive "I" but it doesn't work.

Can't you have the executable check a local path for .\\Cd Track\\track2.wav etc..? Similar to the movie code which searches cd-roms and a local path on the HDD.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

The game uses MCI commands to make the CD drive play Red Book audio tracks from the disc; the game itself never sees the audio data. (That's why it has trouble setting the volume.)

So when you mount the CD image, you can't play the audio tracks in (say) Winamp?
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

ALSO, don't forget that iso images DON't have the audio tracks in them, you'll have to make a mdf or ccd/cue or whatever... some image format that saves the audio data
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

I've been using MagicISO/MagicDisc's proprietary .uif format.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I use bin cue which has the audio tracks.
I believe the Red Book audio can adjust volume by the control on the cd-rom.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

Battlezone can change the volume via the AUX channels when the CD drive is connected to the sound card via analog cable, but most modern PCs use digital audio extraction so it doesn't work any more. In the latter case, Windows does it as part of the sound mixer but Battlezone can't get at the CD volume setting separate from its own volume setting. (That's why my initial attempt to set CD sound volume affected the overall sound level.)