Recycler

Re: Blink

Post by Red Devil »

it's good to have flexibility
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Because I highly doubt blink was put through its paces as an instant teleportation weapon, given it is used almost exclusively in multi player settings.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zax wrote:Because I highly doubt blink was put through its paces as an instant teleportation weapon, given it is used almost exclusively in multi player settings.
Allthough I really dont like to see blink changed (or removed), except for the 'side-effects', you do make a good point there. You use solar flares basicly just cause you start out with them as, specially in 1.2, it made it easy to destroy turrets, but for the rest its blink or nothing when playing as Scion.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

The weapons that are never mounted stock seem to have balance issues as the sample size of them just isn't very big. Resin? Static? Yeah.

...MAG
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Static/damagefield rocks for testing. i added it to my BugZapper™ last year and gave it a 150m range and 5000 damage. saves a lot of time doing tedious aiming and plinking... 8-)
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Static is great in Dm's, dogfight someone and then static them when their near red, its a good surprise kill.
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

use static in FFA to counter apc rush, then switch back to blink.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

The only reason you don't see static used much in strats is because no one ever uses APCs to rush because most of the time your enemy knows pretty well what you have in your base, and APC's would be slowly taken out by Scions.

Mort's right: the Scions' best counter to APCs is Static Charge.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

I think acid cloud is better but thats just me.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

The second best counter is Sonic Blast (for splash damage) or Sonic Wave (to buy time while AI defenses deal with the APC army).

As far as Acid Cloud being a good counter, that's debatable. Acid cloud will kill groups of soldiers almost instantly, but the problem is if you need to mount an impromptu APC defense. There's simply not enough time to build an Acid Cloud archer before the APCs destroy your recycler.
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

would that not do friendly fire? i'm not sure as i do not play scion often and besides, static charge is like 20 scrap and an acid cloud archer is like 70 scrap or something. also, it would take time for the mortar to hit the ground and the acid stuff to pour out and it may not have shot the mortar where the apcs final destination was...
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

It would not damage your own stuff, but even if you had the Archer ready, it would fire one of its few shots at the APCs before they even get near your base (and they always miss the first shot), and by the time it fires its next shot it's too late.

If you have Static Charge, that will do damage to friendly units and buildings if it is the player using it, but it's a very neat cleanup for an APC attack that never really happens.
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

Static Charge is the fastest, most effective way to deal with Soldiers. Although it makes the user very vulnerable to rockets.

Acid Cloud works fine, if you have time for the Archer to fire multiple shots. One or maybe even two at the APCs while they're inbound (These will miss completely) and another for after the APCs have landed. I'm not sure how long it takes an Acid Cloud to hit the ground after being launched at a nearly vertical angle, but I can guarantee you it will seem like forever when Soldiers are knocking on your door. Long story short, Acid Cloud and Howitzer are both strategic weapons, Popper is tactical. (Although nearly useless against Soldiers.)

Edit: I once tried using a Multi Lock/Static Lancer in a 1.2 1v1 against... RIP Aougli, I think. He was in a Tank and predictably tried to close on me, as soon as he got in range; zap. :D He got back out of range, but due to Multi Lock's suckiness, he escaped. :(
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

In FFA, the best defense vs APC attacks is a passive one. Simply build multiple jammers near your rec. APC defense isn't really relevant in strat.

VSR might do some work on APCs in the future.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Except of course if the enemy uses AI Scouts which are by design (not bug) able to paint objects in the Jammer's area.