Blink

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: Blink

Post by Zero Angel »

Nielk1 wrote:Except of course if the enemy uses AI Scouts which are by design (not bug) able to paint objects in the Jammer's area.
Scouts only paint the closest object -- which is typically a scavenger or perimeter defender. Which gives the Scion commander time to respond to a base attack by APCs. Try APC attacking a Scion commander's rec directly in an FFA, and if they're on the field -- they often simply do not have the time to save their recycler.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

Feared_1 wrote:It would not damage your own stuff, but even if you had the Archer ready, it would fire one of its few shots at the APCs before they even get near your base (and they always miss the first shot), and by the time it fires its next shot it's too late.

If you have Static Charge, that will do damage to friendly units and buildings if it is the player using it, but it's a very neat cleanup for an APC attack that never really happens.
this is why I order them to hold and drop 10 service packs on them making them some thing to run from if you can.
if I build 5 I can ghost your base before you can fire a shot.
I got kicked last time I use that one some thing about server thinking I cheated.
becous of the 3 sec kill.
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

...?? ...????..??..?.....?....?.....???....???..???...?? Kind of like that mcurt attatched to the rec which allows hovering?
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

Mortarion wrote:...?? ...????..??..?.....?....?.....???....???..???...?? Kind of like that mcurt attatched to the rec which allows hovering?
grate then make a RV use objdrag = -# and test it.
it not only allows hovering but can speed up all units on the map or just your team as in it could be made in to a up grade. :twisted:
just take it slow this is a powerful thing that can kill every thing on the map with one super Error. :twisted:
so for the sake of all the helpless scvengers do not use -40. :|
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

S.cavA.rmyG.en wrote:
Mortarion wrote:...?? ...????..??..?.....?....?.....???....???..???...?? Kind of like that mcurt attatched to the rec which allows hovering?
grate then make a RV use objdrag = -# and test it.
it not only allows hovering but can speed up all units on the map or just your team as in it could be made in to a up grade. :twisted:
just take it slow this is a powerful thing that can kill every thing on the map with one super Error. :twisted:
so for the sake of all the helpless scvengers do not use -40. :|

I don't think that does what you will expect it to do. Did you ever see somebody flying? It was due to an issue in the (mostly 2D) physics code. Now it's been fixed, it will take a lot more than an ODF flag to reintroduce the bug.
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

scav army general you are a genius, mate. I thought my method of re-introducing unlimited hovering was great but yours is even better, gimi 10 mins to upload some videos of my methods to compare, ill edit this post ina sec. im interested in your input, mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWaEIZxg ... e=youtu.be heres one, demonstrating 1.3 vet mpi hovering with a tug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLfz7Xsl ... e=youtu.be and here we go, shows this gamebreaking bug possible to achieve with a tug on dunes, specifically mpi dunes because most mpi noobs have never seen anything faster than a scav.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Mortarion wrote:scav army general you are a genius, mate. I thought my method of re-introducing unlimited hovering was great but yours is even better, gimi 10 mins to upload some videos of my methods to compare, ill edit this post ina sec. im interested in your input, mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWaEIZxg ... e=youtu.be heres one, demonstrating 1.3 vet mpi hovering with a tug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLfz7Xsl ... e=youtu.be and here we go, shows this gamebreaking bug possible to achieve with a tug on dunes, specifically mpi dunes because most mpi noobs have never seen anything faster than a scav.
The first one you have barely any control over. That's not flying, that's being bounced back and forth across the map by the edge path.

The second one is still being processed.
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

100% intentional and controlled hovering, comparable with scav army generals method.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Intentional, yes. But you're being thrown around by the edge path, and that's nowhere near as controlled as it was in 1.2. You can't land yourself as easily, for example, and you *will* be passing backwards and forwards across the entire map until you run out of momentum. You can't just stay somewhere over the enemy base, as was common with 1.2's hovering.

I have experienced this myself, but not throught the same method (I used a very fast, modified booster and ended up in exactly that position). As soon as you hit the edge path it throws you backwards; the further you push into it the harder it throws you out. Push hard enough and it will push you into the one opposite it; from there, you can get stuck in a near-infinite loop as one edge pushes you into the other. You only stop once one edge doesn't have enough momentum to push you all the way to the other, or when your ship explodes (and if that happens you may well end up in the same situation as a pilot, which can be fatal if you hit something).
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

if you guys are so devoted to hovering, fly a Talon in FE; much "more funner".
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

That ship was awful to fly.
If you need someone to give it a makeover for 1.3 I could give it a go some time.
For ultimate edge bouncing fun, use the wormhole in the cp's DF mode, Seriously in need of multiplayer testing that was, 2 wormholes meeting often puts a player permanently into orbit.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Talon has flown well for awhile now. 8-)

DF mode? Dark Forest map?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Talons cant strafe or pick up powerups.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Dog fight mode, from the unofficial community project.
Last time I flew a talon was in fe1.2, it was not an experience I cared to repeat.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:Dog fight mode, from the unofficial community project.
Last time I flew a talon was in fe1.2, it was not an experience I cared to repeat.
Its UEP not UCP. Unofficial Expansion Pack.
And technically its Wormdrive not Wormhole, but that's splitting hairs.