Changing Radar size?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

2mg
Rattler

Re: Changing Radar size?

Post by 2mg »

General BlackDragon wrote:Putting the commands in the console wont do much, they need to be edited into a bzgame_init.cfg file.

1: Find the bzgame_init.cfg for your desired resolution.
2: Copy that, and paste it somewhere, rename the end to match your resolution.
3: Edit the CFG, the numbers are near the bottom of it. Put in the radar size/pos values you want.
4: Save the new CFG.
5: Win?

I believe the new _x1_5, _x2_0, _x2_5, and _x3_0 naming schemes override the old _600x800, _1920x1080 etc naming scheme.
You just missed my edit to the post :D

Lemme copy paste:

"PS: Everything is saved into "C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Battlezone II. There are no .cfg files, and when I sort by "Date modified" any option changes ingame I've made are written in this folder in what I presume is "UserPrefs" or "Pilot0.dat" which can't be edited."
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Never mind, I was constantly tinkering with "bzgame_init.cfg", but I need to edit "bzgame_init_x2_0.cfg". I didn't understand that part, I thought it simply copies settings from x2_0.cfg to ordinardy init.cfg, uses init.cfg as the main file.

In case somebody needs a bigger radar for 1080p:

Cmd("gameprefs.Play_MapRadarHeight 384");
Cmd("gameprefs.Play_MapRadarWidth 384");
Cmd("gameprefs.Play_MapRadarXDiff 60");
Cmd("gameprefs.Play_MapRadarYDiff -20");

Cmd("gameprefs.Edit_MapRadarHeight 384");
Cmd("gameprefs.Edit_MapRadarWidth 384");
Cmd("gameprefs.Edit_MapRadarXDiff -60");
Cmd("gameprefs.Edit_MapRadarYDiff -20");

Cmd("gameprefs.Play_CockpitRadarHeight 400");
Cmd("gameprefs.Play_CockpitRadarWidth 740");
Cmd("gameprefs.Play_CockpitRadarXDiff 0");

I'll go play with those settings now. I apologize for the inconvenience.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

1: Find the bzgame_init.cfg for your desired resolution.
2: Copy that, and paste it somewhere, rename the end to match your resolution.
3: Edit the CFG, the numbers are near the bottom of it. Put in the radar size/pos values you want.
4: Save the new CFG.
5: Win?

I believe the new _x1_5, _x2_0, _x2_5, and _x3_0 naming schemes override the old _600x800, _1920x1080 etc naming scheme.
Nope. The _800x600, _1920x1080 are still checked last (and win). But, they must exist to be used. As mentioned earlier, there's 88+ possibilities for screen resolution, some rarer than others. Five programmatically-generated upscalings was the easiest way to provide options without going nuts. Check ${MyDocs}\My Games\Battlezone II\battlezone.log to see what file(s) it was looking for.

-- GSH
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Hmm.

When I tested with bzescape_bla_ files, the _x1_5 ones were used instead of the _1024x768 ones, when both were present, and 1.5x option was set at the 1024x768 resolution.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Just to clarify, my last post here works like a charm.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

noted awhile back that uirescaler.lua tested if both x and y dimensions were multiples of 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0, but that some x/y resolutions don't always pass that test (one might be 1.5 and the other 1.4), so that some cfg's might be missed and it defaults to the base cfg.

not even sure right now if uirescaler.lua is even used any more or if its tests were moved internal to the engine. my ALU is failing lately, so i may be completely off.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA