Been Gone a while...Whew!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Mauler_Bait
Scrap

Been Gone a while...Whew!

Post by Mauler_Bait »

So ive been gone a hot minute, noticed the game remaster pop up on steam and OFC instantly grabbed it...Noticed how the new recycler variants and mods worked online now.

SO ive had a pile of modified assets i had nearly gotten down to its own recycler variant, new weapons, upgradable gun towers/spires, a few FE and G66 units added in, ETC, and wondered how do I finally get it as its own downloadable recycler variant to work with the new system.

Also, because I suck at it, I *kinda* need help with some of the weapon effects. Especially the smoke trails on the automatic cannons. A lot of effects like the shell casings and things like that had broken shortly before i stepped away years ago, GOD only knows how much i have to redo with the new effects.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Been Gone a while...Whew!

Post by General BlackDragon »

Welcome back!

If you like, I can help you set up things and show you how to use the Workshop, also I am pretty good at BZ2's particle FX system. :)
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Mauler_Bait
Scrap

Post by Mauler_Bait »

General BlackDragon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:01 pm Welcome back!

If you like, I can help you set up things and show you how to use the Workshop, also I am pretty good at BZ2's particle FX system. :)
Yep! Sorry it took so long to get back to this Ill have to sit down one day and see what all works and doesnt under the new effects. I may likely have to completly redo everything from scratch.

Two effects in particular i have no idea how to work. ONe is for my ISDF railgun, which is the Blast cannon replacement basically, but does trucktons of damage to armored units, and has a kinetic effect (as soon as i get that back working) on the target. I wanted it to have a Quake 2 corkscrew style effect with it., And the ISDF automatic cannons, to have a tracer and smoke trail similar to old school Gun camera effects, and explosions when they strike the target, I'll try to post a video or two later to show what I'm after.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Yea, all of the effects still work the same way, so any Fx that you had from bz2 will still work the same way in the remaster. I created Steam guides that list all the available ODF properties, with descriptions and listing their default settings. There are two of them, one for general settings for objects, and one for the Render system.

Those Fx are pretty do-able and fairly simple to make. For a corkscrew fx, u want to make your texture, and use a draw_twirl_trail render type. This is basically a combination of draw_emit and draw_twirl, it has the odf properties of both, so you can easily setup smoke trails, or in this case a spinny particle trail. You can set up the emitDelay and rotationRate to get the desired effect once you set it to use your texture.

The automatic cannon would be a similar draw_twirl_trail but emitting smoke.tga or such, and for the tracer you can use a draw_trail render.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****