caint install bz

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Col Klink
Sabre

Re: caint install bz

Post by Col Klink »

General_Ivan wrote:I solved the problem the same as with Imperium galactica 2: I installed it on my old computer with XP, then put all the game files on a memory stick and transferred it to my Vista computer. Works fine now :) I actually did that a few hours ago already, but just couldn't stop playing right away to let u guys know :D

Btw I'm new to the game, but already seems to be in my 3 all time favorite games (although I dislike the fact u can't get into the bomber and fly around)

And amazing to have that many repsonses on a forum of a game that's 12 years old :)
You could eventually create an aircraft model to do bascially the same thing and those are pilotable. A recycler variant is one way to get around such limitations. It won't behave like a conventional bomber, but you'll be able to control it like any other unit and equip it with the weapon as the bomber....
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Yeah, its easy to make something like that.

I once made a bomber pilotable, and gave it a mortar that dropped a daywrecker.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

General BlackDragon wrote:Yeah, its easy to make something like that.

I once made a bomber pilotable, and gave it a mortar that dropped a daywrecker.

Ya, I know what you mean bro. It's one of the reasons I love BZII so much. I flipped out one day when I turned a Sabre into an APC and vice versa. Mix and match editing makes BZII do some pretty cool stuff outside of the so called box. I laugh uncontrollably nowadays when someone tells me that it can't be done in BZII. :mrgreen:

PS: I still love it when I see a modified APC chasing me around the map and deploys it's soldiers and blast away at my ship with stuff guns, cannons, rockets and mortars or deploys units like walkers instead of soldiers. The APC is a powerful enemy when modified from the silly stock version. Add a shield hp and one could possibly defeat an enemy with just such modified APC's. What was perhaps most interesting was giving an APC constructors and an order to demolish a building. The APC is probably the most under developed over looked battle unit in the ISDF arsenal.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

G66's APC II. /topic
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I have a pilotable bomber somewhere, never got round to making the bomber bay that would resupply its bombs though.
Thought it might be fun for a strat/mpi variant where a player has to fly it.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

I dont even want to think about Windows 8 since Ive heard enough about it with things not working on it as it is already from what ive heard.
xBlackHatx
Scrap

Post by xBlackHatx »

I'm sorry, i just actually registered because i felt important to put this out.

I believe some people who've been attempting to use setup, are using the setup they've found in the BZII directory, its literally in the Setup Directory in the BZII directory at the bottom.

Ive tried using the BZII directory setup this whole time and have been experiencing the same problems, then i checked the setup directory and found another Setup.exe and it ran the setup just fine

( I am a massive BZII fan, so i didn't find it a waste to sign up on here just for this of course :) )
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

On a 64-bit operating system, D:\setup\setup.exe is the program you should be using for installation. That's the actual installer. D:\setup.exe is just the launcher.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!