What, exactly, are the Scions?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: What, exactly, are the Scions?

Post by Zero Angel »

Nielk1 wrote:
Zero Angel wrote:I think it was established in FE that the Cerberi were the creation of the Mother God thing, which was basically Core's AI that ejected from the planet and went berserk after Braddock nuked Core.
They all but say it outright. But with the way BZ is, the fact they don't say it outright doesn't help.
All you can say is, the Core Computer is missing and it is *probably* the Mother God. Hence my... issues with such.
Such an xxTJ, with your love of certainty and all that.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Some Cerberi pages up on BZComplex awaiting your approval, NK1.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I looked at them. I notice you have the Cerberus AI as not coming from the Core Computer as I too original thought, but I realize why I thought that before.

Why would something, the Cerberus AI, be CALLED the Cerberus AI? If it was from the Core Computer, this is not associated to the Cthonian terminology at all, but the entomology of the name clearly is. So, if it really is the core computer, why is it called Cerberus?

This was the issue I had long forgotten I had with the Cerberi coming from the core computer. I am left to think the Core Computer is in fact still floating in space if not assimilated by what is the Cerberus AI.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

To explain the naming issue; perhaps it was not originally called Cerberus, but had a different name. It changed the references in its own data (essentially changing its own name) so it could convince the Hadeans it really was their own technology. Whether that was done whilst sane or insane I am not sure.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Nielk1 wrote:I looked at them. I notice you have the Cerberus AI as not coming from the Core Computer as I too original thought, but I realize why I thought that before.

Why would something, the Cerberus AI, be CALLED the Cerberus AI? If it was from the Core Computer, this is not associated to the Cthonian terminology at all, but the entomology of the name clearly is. So, if it really is the core computer, why is it called Cerberus?

This was the issue I had long forgotten I had with the Cerberi coming from the core computer. I am left to think the Core Computer is in fact still floating in space if not assimilated by what is the Cerberus AI.
Lots of things are called Cerberus in BZ2/FE

"Once we got inside the Cerberus base, I thought all my questions would be answered; but each corner I turn only brings more questions. I spoke to one of the men in Manson's squad (theres a few of them still recuperating in the medical lab). He wouldnt say much, but I couldn't tell if it was because of the fear in his eyes and the burns on his body, or because he really didn't know. I was always prepared for the fact that someday I might have to die for my country. But I never imagined that I might have to die for something I knew nothing about. But in the military, orders are orders, and they don't always come with an explanation"

-- John Cooke (Mission 2 Prologue)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Yeah, I did consider that might have been unoriginal on the FE team's part (the name Cerberi does somewhat imply Cerberus), but it does fit.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

But the Cerberus base is named by a race, humanity, whom has the entomological origin for said word. As do the Hadeans because of our time of shared history through mythos. But the Core Computer is entirely alien.
Ghastly
Sober Scav

Post by Ghastly »

Zero Angel wrote:Lots of things are called Cerberus in BZ2/FE
The ruined Cthonian walker that you see on Venus in BattleZone 1 that you reverse-engineer walker technology from was called the Cerberus, as well.