Pre installed BZ2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

badnessman88
Scrap

Pre installed BZ2

Post by badnessman88 »

Been searching the web for hours now, can anybody point me too a website or link to a pre installed stock bz2 folder cause win7 doesnt let it install from iso. all the torrents are dead now im skimming sites with dead links, it would be cool to play again but i cant get a copy of the game,
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Pre installed BZ2

Post by Ded10c »

This forum doesn't advocate piracy. Plenty of places you can buy a copy.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Please note that the autorun program will not run under a 64-bit operating system. If you have a CD, you should open the CD directory in Explorer and run setup.exe.

And, as AHadley said, we do not advocate piracy. Pressing the point or continuing to try to publicly find a pirated version may result in you being asked to leave the forum. Just keep that in mind.

Other than that, welcome to the forum, and I hope that you're able to get your game working.
Silence is banal.
              -IX
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

badnessman88 wrote:Been searching the web for hours now, can anybody point me too a website or link to a pre installed stock bz2 folder cause win7 doesnt let it install from iso. all the torrents are dead now im skimming sites with dead links, it would be cool to play again but i cant get a copy of the game,
Line removed -squirrelof09
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Col Klink wrote:...
So wait, you just told someone where to get something which is illegal on a board which doesn't condone illegal acts. Are you trying to get banned?
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Like VSMIT said it can be done with the cd. Just don't use the autorun that comes up when the cd is inserted in your pc. Instead, close out of that and go to "Start", then "Computer" then double click the cd drive that has the cd in it, usually D: drive, then double click the ""setup" folder, then double click the "Setup" icon that looks like a mini computer which is the setup.exe and it will run from there because that is a 32bit installer and those work on 64bit systems like yours... and mine.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
badnessman88
Scrap

Post by badnessman88 »

Sorry guys i was pretty sure bz2 was abandonware my bad, during my searching i read bz2 was considered abandonware and thought it was all right. sorry though, i tried that jazz axeminister suggested but it didnt work, i also tried using dosbox and what not, but i read somewhere that most people were only successful playing the game on win7 was by transferring the entire install directory to usb flash from a xp system. lol but i installed bz1 last nite with not much of a problem. so ill play that until i beat it
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The problem you are having is likely exactly what Ax described. The Disk has an autorun called Install or some such that runs automatically. This is a 16 bit program. This launcher would then run Setup.exe from the setup folder, which is a 32 bit program. Windows 7 is most likely 64 bit in this case, so the old 16 bit program will not work. However, the actual installer and BZ2 itself are 32 bit programs and will work.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Neither BZ game is abandonware and neither should be available on the internet at all.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

I had to force mine to install, I went to setup on my disc (meaning, for example: F: Battlezone II/Setup, setup.exe, ran it in admin and in compatibility mode with windows XP SP3). My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

DarkCobra262 wrote:I had to force mine to install, I went to setup on my disc (meaning, for example: F: Battlezone II/Setup, setup.exe, ran it in admin and in compatibility mode with windows XP SP3). My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.
That's the standard method Axe described above. The autorun program is written in 16-bit, meaning it won't work on a 64-bit system.
Cyber
Sabre

Post by Cyber »

badnessman88 wrote:Been searching the web for hours now, can anybody point me too a website or link to a pre installed stock bz2 folder cause win7 doesnt let it install from iso. all the torrents are dead now im skimming sites with dead links, it would be cool to play again but i cant get a copy of the game,
Yes no privacy. LINKs have been removed ON the internet since BZ2MAPS.us isnt .com anymore.
Teamspeak 3: teamspeak.com
TS3 Server(Ugonland): 74.91.115.34
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

If you have the CD or have that CD backed up into an ISO. Then open it in your file browser and run the "setup" file directly. It should then install BZ2.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Purplehaze
Drunken Constructor

Post by Purplehaze »

If you still can't get it to work, email me at Purplehaze(removethis)412@gmail.com and I'll help you.
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

I hope you can get it working.
as a side note if you do copy the whole file to some where else on your hard drive.
becous you will need to get a pach to run it on a win7 PC.
I know it can be done I did it myself 6 times and it was worth it.
it now runs on all computers in my house all are windows 7.
5 laptops and one desktop.
4 THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1.Professionals are predictable,amateurs are dangerous
2.If you can't remember, the Big Gun is always aimed at you.
3.If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid,it's crazy.
4.Anything you do can get you killed,even if it's nothing