Time Out Trying to Connect

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Corso
Scrap

Time Out Trying to Connect

Post by Corso »

For the past two days I've been having a problem when i try to join games. Almost every time i click "Join Game", i get timed out. Yesterday for example i tried multiple times to join several different games within the span of two hours or so and only got to join two. I've triple checked my firewall and anything else i could think of that could be preventing me from joining with no luck. My hopes is that some one will read this and can possibly give me some advice on how to fix this.

Thanks- Corso (aka Havok)
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Time Out Trying to Connect

Post by MrTwosheds »

Assuming you are using 1.3.6.2.
Firstly you need to realise that the gamespy server list does not update quite as quickly as it used to with bz2. So some of the sessions listed may have ended, also if people manage to crash their server, their server tends to remain listed for some time, until gamespy decides it has vanished and removes it.
There is also a small bug, where if you fail to connect to a game, bz2 might then also fail to connect to other games (timeout) when in fact it should be able to, it is intermittent and is simply fixed by restarting bz2.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Purplehaze
Drunken Constructor

Post by Purplehaze »

Start a fresh Battlezone II
Go to Multi
Join IP on the first and only game you want to play for that session of BZ
-Do not try to join any other games regularly, or by join IP that you don't want to play
Restart Battlezone II if you have to change games or want to join another game.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Possibly heat ... its hot outside, things will act strange because of it.
Yesterday my Inet dropped twice and effectivly killed my home-Inet for the biggest part of the day. It happens more often when its fairly warm/sunny.
(Nothing wrong with the service according my provider. Checked it during the drop-out using mobile Inet.)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Fresh install for this? Getting carried away. Just keep trying eventually you'll find a non-reported-dead server.
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Do the Join IP thing that Purplehaze suggests. restart bz2, click on the game, click 'Join IP'. Half of the time you will be able to enter using that technique -- and if you cant then its usually the hosts problem (sometimes when people host games nobody can join) or the game was already taken down (games where the host crashes tend to linger on the game list longer than games that are exited normally).
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Corso
Scrap

Post by Corso »

Thanks for all the replies everyone, PH's method is working so far for me and a few other's who are having the same problem!
jack775544
Thunderbolt

Post by jack775544 »

Red Spot wrote:Possibly heat ... its hot outside
[OT]In the lovely conuntry of Australia it is winter and yet my net still crashes :( . It does every time it rains and the water gets into the phone lines.[/OT]

I find that restarting BZ2 usually fixes my problems with connection.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire