WTF

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

lukebolger
Scrap

WTF

Post by lukebolger »

First game i try join i get banned from the server because they think im someone called "tom"

this is exactly why i stopped playing this game, small minded little cliques and no one new is allowed to join!
Feared_1
Sabre

Re: WTF

Post by Feared_1 »

Tom is a player with a really bad attitude and generally has a bad reputation. If you acted in a similar way, they might have confused you for him.

Just be nice, play nice, and get to know people.
This is where my signature picture would normally be. It is not, as you can see.
You're wasting your time reading this. :)
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Tom is pretty much one of the most disliked players in bz2 strat games due to his poor attitude and unsportsmanlike conduct. If a strat host mistakes you for him, you can always get on Teamspeak and rectify the situation. The TS server that strat players use is: 74.91.115.34 -- you shouldnt have too much difficulty joining a strat especially if you are willing to use teamspeak.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
lukebolger
Scrap

Post by lukebolger »

I didnt even play! I just joined the lobby! and was kicked and banned!
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

BZ2 uses gamespy for matchmaking. Servers are under the control of whomever hit 'create game' on their end. There's no management of that.

Suggestions: 1) create your own games, and you'll be in charge. 2) Take note of which session(s) and player(s) you join. IP addresses are printed onscreen. Pretty soon, you'll have a good set of notes as to who the antisocial jerks are -- tip: they usually try to get others to play their preferred game type -- and who's friendly. You can edit addon\config\banlist.ini to never show the servers of the jerks.

-- GSH
Purplehaze
Drunken Constructor

Post by Purplehaze »

I just wanted to say that i apologise for all jerks and posts that we have posted or talked about Mates and his members and I want speccially to apologise to Nielk1 about this jerking and fighting with him last time when he was on bz2maps, im sorry for all jerks that have happened between our 2 forums and ingame, and i want to make peace between us and we can be 1 cool playing together with no jerks and fights...
One more time to say sorry to everyone from Mates.I have talked with my fellow strat members and they wont talk jerks anymore and i hope that we can have great future together,learn many new things 9if that is possible ) learn new players and get this game more alive...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

lukebolger wrote:I didnt even play! I just joined the lobby! and was kicked and banned!
Could be anything from a similar IP to a similar username. But they thought you were Tom, and they don't like Tom. So they kicked and banned you, thinking you were Tom. Simple misunderstanding.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

If they know /ban, the also know other commands ...
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I didnt even play! I just joined the lobby! and was kicked and banned!
Best to host your own games to start with if you can, Its a very small community and some of the players are really good, and some can appear to have bad attitude. A "ban" only lasts until the server restarts bz2, unless they really don't like you and make it permanent. Best to get the hang of the game before you go taking on old players in strat, or you will probably start to feel like everyone's moaning at you...cos they will be :) Bz2 strat is very team orientated, unless your the commander, who always gets blamed for everything.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Purplehaze
Drunken Constructor

Post by Purplehaze »

No, don't listen to any of these silly kids talking.

The reason you were kicked is because people thought you were Tom, that's all there is to it. They probably won't mistake you for Tom again, I wouldn't worry about it.

You're more than welcome to Strats (and so is anyone for that matter, there really isn't all the elitist crap you guys continually worry about. The only reason we're so elitist to the likes of modders on bz2maps is because they involve themselves in discussion reguarding in-game BZ2, I even remember a topic where they attempted to discuss STRAT specific tactics.) granted you don't run off and die quickly, or smack-talk on other players who are better than you.

You may be removed from a few lobbies until you prove yourself, but one way you can ensure your slot in a lobby is by joining the Teamspeak 3 used by strat players. We always grant people in Teamspeak priority over other players, regardless of skill level of said player in TS.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

To be honest, as long as you pay attention and listen to what people tell you, you wont have a problem in strats. At all. A lot of people make it look like strat players are mean and heartless people, but it's just a competitive environment that requires cooperation.

Cooperate with people, and they will cooperate with you.
This is where my signature picture would normally be. It is not, as you can see.
You're wasting your time reading this. :)
lukebolger
Scrap

Post by lukebolger »

Ok, about joining teamspeak, the channel the strat guys are in, has a PASSWORD!

Frak it ill make my own server.

:twisted:
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Feared_1 wrote:A lot of people make it look like strat players are mean and heartless people, but it's just a competitive environment that requires cooperation.

Cooperate with people, and they will cooperate with you.
No, they make it look like some players, who happen to play just strat (at least in their own non-griefing games), that are mean and heartless people.
I do had to giggle at that last statement, its almost as if you get games going in an instant cause you all cooperate being commander ...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

lukebolger wrote:Ok, about joining teamspeak, the channel the strat guys are in, has a PASSWORD!

Frak it ill make my own server.

:twisted:
...no it doesn't, I was in there last night. You're trying to join the wrong thing (probably SEK).
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I just tried that TS3 server and some guy with a Nazi teddy bear pokes me calling me a noob.
I've always found Bz2 fokes less than inviting.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002