First time doing this but i need people to help test

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

First time doing this but i need people to help test

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

I started my own two maps last year but they were on pb5.1. I am remaking them on pb6 and almost nearly had them finished on 5.1 but could not get the teams sorted out. I would like some volunteers to help test if they get a chance and I will post the download link to test them in several weeks once i rework the size and the pre-placed buildings etc.

One of the maps will be called SuperFort. All sides of the map are covered in statues making apc strikes and bomber strikes impossible. This map will be an mpi, IA and also strat. I have tested strat with a friend who is also good in terrain so maybe with more testers then one it will move faster.

Second map is called Megastatue divide. There are four players for this strat map and can also be a team strat or ffa or both. The center, middle and on an axis line like this* not exactly but close to it will be covered with just megastatues. There will be statues and megas defending each players base so what do you guys think?

Insane enough? lol :twisted:
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Re: First time doing this but i need people to help test

Post by Lionsword7 »

Uhh... those games would take forever, honestly. I forsee lots of sniping against mortaring Sabres... And the Scions are like screwed.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Lionsword7 wrote:Uhh... those games would take forever, honestly. I forsee lots of sniping against mortaring Sabres... And the Scions are like screwed.
Thats the idea :). Everyone would start with 9 pools upgraded. Two teams of ISDF and Scion so everyone can trade weapons. Wouldnt take very long with 20 mortar bikes with howitzer :).
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

Uhh... Then it becomes something very weird. 9 pools? Insane. Limit it to 5 so that ISDF doesn't ROFL stomp everyone with Blast Pummel Attilas. Even Blinking Warriors, Titans, and Maulers can't stop 10 Attilas seiging your base.
Oh, and Mortar Bikes can't normally use Howitzer, a Scion weapon.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

He said that the races could team up into pairs and trade weapons.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

In ST maps, less is more. Trust me.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Oh I agree with that entirely I was just pointing out something to Lionsword. Yes less is definitely more and the more realistic the better as well.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zax wrote:In ST maps, less is more. Trust me.
Only with more knowledge/skill/intel/... ;)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

For a strategy map, keep it down to terrain, loose, pools and pathpoints. Don't mess the players around by including statues and crap all over the place.

Even in MPI, most of the Greenheart maps go too heavy on the statues for my taste.
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

You should try not to put 3rd party units\buildings that are hostile in a strat map. After all, it's suppose to be the players fighting each other not other enemies.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

While I do agree with creating more unique situations, placing such a defense in a human base seems, detrimental. If the defense only operated if certain outposts outside the base were owned, then I would agree with this as it creates an obstacle that one must earn and need not fight directly. Though in adding such a thing it is no longer a 'STRAT'.

A mega in each player's base? Not so much good. Though I can think of some things that might be better liked that are similar but less... extreme.
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

Less is more...
But there's a limit. It'll help in storage, but with that rate of scrap accumulation, I'm not going to leave it lying around. I'd be spamming Attila Walkers and Hornet Rocket Tanks. If I had to build scavs, I'd build them at incredible rates. I wouldn't waste scrap by leaving it sitting there. I'd have my scavs literally rule the field.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Perhaps try to create unique situations like Nielk said, but using terrain not objects.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

If you build it, they will come. Would be cool to see strat bases that can't be killed as fast as possible with thug blast sabres and one rocket tank.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Hmm well with some feedback so far I will reduce the megas to at least down to 12 or less. Gotta be some sort of defense instead of people leaving with no automated defense and having their base destroyed. It would insure that a new player joins game and would have a base is why im putting megas and statues in for defense.

I was thinking of putting those assault towers from uler mod sp campaign as a defense but dont know how.