server down

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: server down

Post by Ded10c »

I'm an active member of the BZ1 forums and the manager of the Battlezone Wiki.

If you read my post again, you'll find I made no mention of what the game is capable of. I'm referring to the mechanics and politics of its community (divided in two sides that hate each other over a petty issue (nothing to do with a new patch)). It's been going on for several years now and shows no sign of letting up.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Killer AK
Rattler

Post by Killer AK »

It was the same way with bz2 until everyone was forced into public beta.
I remember i would fight the "vets" and they discovered the jammer actually worked and ussually they logged out. That and they didnt know how to fight the scions everyone was so used to only using the isdf.
On the public beta no one gave me a fight till about two years later when i met squirrelof9, apcs r evil, and micheal.
But you are right battlezone 1 has always been divided into different servers, and strange places to play.
If you try to mix the communities they fight. They always have.
Believe it or not bz enhanced is spearheaded by a 1.0 player.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

The 1.2 scion jammer was next to useless but I never really cared for the design of the stock 1.3 jammer either. It's far too powerful of a defensive object for it's price, and much like the Acid Cloud, the result of a needed buff that went too far.

The fact that it could pretty much stop any attack within 200m of it did seem like a balance issue, and I don't think it's just a matter of knowing and using the right counters, but also of the effort needed to deploy the thing compared to the effort needed to counter it. I know the ideal counter to that was just to use an AI scout to paint objects within the jamming radius, however the scout would only paint the closest thing which means that if you're playing against a competent scion commander, your scout would be painting his scavs, not his jammer or the gunspire(s) guarding it (and good luck if the jammer is obscured by terrain and you need to get in close to attack it).

I've come to understand the scion metagame a bit more and have come to realize that the Scions are never meant to be much of a defensive race. Instead, their power lies all in the ability of the agile and capable Warrior and Mauler to disrupt the defensive strength and slow march that the ISDF have, by stinging them from multiple angles and disrupting them constantly. If the ISDF lategame forces are comparable to Roman legions, the Scions would be comparable to guerrilla fighters.

In VSR, the jammer retains its 200m enemy radar scrambling radius (like 1.2 and 1.3), but it only cloaks friendly stuff within 80m of itself (instead of 200m). Meaning that you'd need multiple jammers if you wanted full jamming coverage on your base, and you have to put them closer to defenses if you want them to be protected from attack.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Killer AK wrote:I was the best player in Battlezone 1 on the 1.0 server for two years.
LMAO +1

:lol:
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Killer AK wrote:But you are right battlezone 1 has always been divided into different servers, and strange places to play.
If you try to mix the communities they fight. They always have.
Believe it or not bz enhanced is spearheaded by a 1.0 player.
It could only be fixed with a lot of work and compromises neither side is willing to implement. Opposing communities can work together - the 1.3 developers get regular reports from the folks on BZ2Maps, usually by proxy through team members.

Don't worry, I know who Dx is. I've spent long enough on both sides of the community to have a handle on them.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

Seems server is down again wonder are they doing updates again tonight ?.
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

server seems to be back up....dindnt last to long ...interesting posts I enjoy reading the different point of views ...when you read them all hard to decide whos right or wrong... a lot of good arguments ....unless you been part of the whole progression ... bz2 is devided into many fractions ...very dynamic thing to put your finger on.
no way of policing bz2 and keeping the whole community under one roof.