Hey. MM5? Or whatevers new?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

RATM
Scrap

Hey. MM5? Or whatevers new?

Post by RATM »

So its been a long time since playing this game and im looking to install all the old mods, FE, FS and all the maps etc. Installs of 1.2 and 1.3b but it was all done through MM5 last I remembered it. Having a look around I can not find it, Anyone care to help me out?

edit; found mm5 yay. But still whats the standard things to install for this game now days?
jack775544
Thunderbolt

Re: Hey. MM5? Or whatevers new?

Post by jack775544 »

Well all of my BZ2 installs have a copy of FE on them. Also if you want to do online play, get a copy of gameranger since Gamespy has dropped support for BZ2.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Most mods come with a .cfg file to launch them. You don't need to use MM5 to make use of it; simply create a shortcut to Battlezone 2 and follow these steps.

- Create a shortcut to bzone.exe. You can use right click>create shortcut or copy>paste shortcut, doesn't matter.
- Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
- In the box that reads "Target", add " /config (modcfghere).cfg".
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:Most mods come with a .cfg file to launch them.

- In the box that reads "Target", add " /config (modcfghere).cfg".
Taking it to the next step. Concerning mods that dont come with a .cfg.
Its easy to learn how to make one yourself .. and a whole lot more (fun) stuff.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

CFG's are nice, but MM5 I still prefer and is easy to make mods compatible with it. Better than making 50 billion shortcuts to find what you want to play. But that's just me. I have to rename CFG's manually anyway to get mods playing in GameRanger for a friend as it is, but that's about it.

Still waiting for more news regarding OpenSpy, 'bout all I keep up with currently. I'll probably twitter it once I see more info.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Yea, I make .bzm files for mods that don't come with them so I can launch them using MM5.

On windows 7 you do need to have your BZ2 install NOT under Program Files, OR run MM5 as Administrator.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****