A griefer problem

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Commando
Flying Mauler

Re: A griefer problem

Post by Commando »

If you have a keylogger, no level of encryption will save you. A key logger records what you type. That is like enabling encryption because someone watches you type your password from over your shoulder.

For what you describe, encryption would not help at all.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:Unless RD knows for sure that the griefer has a bad home life, then he's guessing. There is no in-between.
Then why dont you take a gun and shoot yourself in the leg?
You dont know it will hurt or have any other negative effects, you're only guessing. That it works for everybody else like that does ofcourse not have to mean it works the same way for you....
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

People aren't nice and simple like that, a bad home life just as often creates angels as demons. It might be that someone might have everything they could possibly need in life but divert their Bad into an online persona where it won't cause them any obvious social inconvenience. Far more likely its just one of the common mental illnesses that might happen to anyone like paranoid schizophrenia or obsessive compulsive disorder.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:
AHadley wrote:Unless RD knows for sure that the griefer has a bad home life, then he's guessing. There is no in-between.
You dont know it will hurt or have any other negative effects, you're only guessing. That it works for everybody else like that does ofcourse not have to mean it works the same way for you....
I find it difficult to believe you could produce a straw-man so obvious as that without knowing you are doing so.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I know exactly what I am doing, which is why I say what I said.
And again you make statements for me ... I dont need you to educate me on how I come to certain conclusions, specialy cause you dont even seem to understand me (or choose not to).
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Then please, imagine I am five and spell it out plainly without going through such badly broken analogies.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Hey, you're the one thats lecturing everyone with your grand life experience to guide you, not me. If you dont understand, ask first, dont go lecturing me and than come back asking if I am willing to explain it to you as a 5 year old.
Gontar
Scrap

Post by Gontar »

Hi, im new on the community, I joined to Assist Testing and help Developers (mainly Gnrl.BD).

I Saw this post today, then i decided to post what happned to me a few days ago (4 or 5 days)
:Sits on a red Couch and starts telling the story:

I was playing a normal MPI match, with a guy called "yeah" anothed guy called "peter" and another one i forgot his name, i guess it was "Russian".
Where playing until a random guy joined and joined with "Sabre Tank" and started Sharing Minigun/Cannon/Mortar Shoots on our own base with the Builders, Scavengers and Repairing ships (who got destroyed) i was about to ask who was destroying everything and tell him to stop untill he killed me (i was on a Relay Bunker) So i Opened my Admin menu and banned that random kid asap, cant remember the name or IP, anyway IP changes everyday, so its useless to Remember it...
And Name can be changed infinite times too.
Anyway, abobe Users please Dont fight each other, we are on this Forum Posting to Fight Grieffers and Cheaters/AngryGermanKids, not between us, be friends dudes.
Well, that is all.
Peace Through Power Kids.
(annoying GDI Since 1995)
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

He is in the habit of using the names of other players, don't ban people based on the name they are using or you will run out of people to play with...
Try some of the things we have mentioned here and don't give in, what he wants is to make you stop playing the parts of BZ2 he does not like himself...most of the other bz2 players are fairly sane :) and will welcome you to our worlds.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

This **** still going on?

Rolls eyes, hard

Back into the ether for a few more months I guess.
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

o.o
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zax wrote:This **** still going on?

Rolls eyes, hard

Back into the ether for a few more months I guess.
Well, it started about 8-9 years ago, what did you now expect?
That it would die out when nobody even dares to state too loud how they feel about it?
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1827&start=45#p31573
Looks like the proxy list from wikipedia is far more comprehensive than the free proxy one from peerblock, which I guess must be somewhat out of date. :(
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Spot wrote:
Well that was one hell of a non sequitur.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

I too have been encountering some greifers today, and the lack of games makes this more frustrating.
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair