Battlezone 3 RANT

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Re: Battlezone 3 RANT

Post by LtFEED »

Ahadley has become the 'goto guy' for info on BZ. :)

He knows enough about the history of BZ, I think he has invented a new area of scientific research: "BZology".

8-)
Killer AK
Rattler

Post by Killer AK »

I actually reported to the Battlezone 1 guys about the copy of battlezone explosion copies that were for sale on ebay. I have like four or five discs of bz1 that all install differently. But no one i know has an explosion copy. They actually are looking for a chinese copy of battlezone one. I saw only one chinese guy on battlezone 1 and i think it was a hacker just exploring activisions network. I did meet someone from taiwan years ago as well. I can't remember if it was chinese characters popping up during the dog fights though.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Killer AK wrote:I actually reported to the Battlezone 1 guys about the copy of battlezone explosion copies that were for sale on ebay. I have like four or five discs of bz1 that all install differently. But no one i know has an explosion copy. They actually are looking for a chinese copy of battlezone one. I saw only one chinese guy on battlezone 1 and i think it was a hacker just exploring activisions network. I did meet someone from taiwan years ago as well. I can't remember if it was chinese characters popping up during the dog fights though.
No Chinese-language copy of BZ exists, so this is either just a local distribution or a pirated version that underwent heavy modification. BZ2 has one for Russian.

It seems that Mr. Spock has an Xplosiv BZ disc as that's what his installer is derived from. Goomba also has a copy. I've been trying to source one, but the ones on eBay are always too expensive (Xplosiv games at local stores get priced at £1-2, so £10 is a bit of a stretch given that there are plenty more BZ distributions I don't have that are more likely to provide useful data.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

See this thread by GSH: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1449

Also Hi:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack