What, exactly, are the Scions?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Ghastly
Sober Scav

Re: What, exactly, are the Scions?

Post by Ghastly »

MrTwosheds wrote:Presumably the Scions do have some control over the evolution of this DNA
So in the years since then, they might have revised their form (either through surgery or other means) into something more comfortable, and second- or third-generation Scions might look different entirely. In other words, I have a limited amount of free reign in any description I write, as long as it's similar to the original.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

My understanding of Scions is that they are fused to the suit. To us they all look the same, to them, they can tell each other apart.
I wrote a lot on the previous page too, read it!
Ghastly
Sober Scav

Post by Ghastly »

Nielk1 wrote:I wrote a lot on the previous page too, read it!
I did. :P
S.cavA.rmyG.en
Sabre

Post by S.cavA.rmyG.en »

My understanding of Scions is that they are fused to the suit. To us they all look the same, to them, they can tell each other apart.
I think that mite be due to the suits com system now beng part of there heads. but who knows it may be that the change to biometel left cirt paths were facel feachers used to be and they can read those throgh the outer casing.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

AHadley wrote:I don't recall any mention of biometal-infused babies...
Well, I read elsewhere that the furies are the result of implanting human DNA into biometal. So I made the assumption that perhaps Braddock tried to grow a test-tube baby in a biometal solution which is one such thing that resulted in the creation of a Fury type instead of a Scion type.

Avatar's story about Burns being saved by the Scions basically makes the assumption that the Scions were a pre-existing race; however it contradicts BZ2 and FE canon which states that the Scions are directly descended from the NSDF Blackdogs.

Furthermore, when Cooke and Shabayev are transformed into Scions, they are given Scion pilot models -- which means
1) The pilot models are suits
or
2) If the pilot model is actually not external, but is actually how Scions look 'naked' then perhaps Burns was one of the earliest experiments and the rest of the BDogs were scionized with more standard features.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Since second- and third-generation Scions exist, I imagine there is probably at least something beneath the suit.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Zero Angel wrote:Avatar's story about Burns being saved by the Scions basically makes the assumption that the Scions were a pre-existing race; however it contradicts BZ2 and FE canon which states that the Scions are directly descended from the NSDF Blackdogs.
No Avatar's stories quite specifically say Braddock made the Scions. The Scions escaped from the Pluto base where they were created from the Black Dogs and at some point Burns, knowing they they were experiments and in fact humans, must have been on their side or at least having thoughts Braddock did not like so he... terminated him. Hell for all we know he looked at Braddock wrong one day and the Scions took the opportunity to have an ally, and a leader. Or maybe he was their leader before this happened while he was 100% human.

Nothing contradicting at all. All that story says is that at the time it took place the Scions already existed. Not that the Scions were NOT created, just that Burns was not Scion #1. In fact from my understanding he is still not a Scion. He was either too injured or the Scions not willing to Scionize him.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Makes sense.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Personally, I am most interested in what is thought of the Cerberi. Since I still have no hard line 100% answer on what they are. Hell I don;t even have a 90% answer. Just a bunch of options.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

It was my opinion that the Cerberi are to the Hadeans as the Scions are to Humans.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I think it was established in FE that the Cerberi were the creation of the Mother God thing, which was basically Core's AI that ejected from the planet and went berserk after Braddock nuked Core.
Last edited by Zero Angel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
Sober Scav

Post by Ghastly »

AHadley wrote:Since second- and third-generation Scions exist
They'd have to. I wouldn't imagine the original Black Dog squadron alone was large enough to fight as much as they do in BZ2, especially not after 40 years if they couldn't reproduce. Even so, there still aren't a lot of them.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Zero Angel wrote:I think it was established in FE that the Cerberi were the creation of the Mother God thing, which was basically Core's AI that ejected from the planet and went berserk after Braddock nuked Core.
They all but say it outright. But with the way BZ is, the fact they don't say it outright doesn't help.
All you can say is, the Core Computer is missing and it is *probably* the Mother God. Hence my... issues with such.
Ghastly
Sober Scav

Post by Ghastly »

Zero Angel wrote:I think it was established in FE that the Cerberi were the creation of the Mother God thing, which was basically Core's AI that ejected from the planet and went berserk after Braddock nuked Core.
How would the Core AI come into the Hadean's possession, and how would the Hadeans get control of it?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Ghastly wrote:
How would the Core AI come into the Hadean's possession, and how would the Hadeans get control of it?
They don't?